Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I just picked up an 04 Kingpin with about 20k miles, came with a lot of chrome accessories including an updated headlamp and stage 1 exhaust, I paid $5,900.

How'd I do? Now I'm looking for a helmet (All I have is my sport bike gear) but there seems t be a really limited supply around town. I live in Orange County, CA, can anyone recommend a good store? Or somewhere online I can buy some US made gear? I feel like a dork with my full face helmet. Thanks for all your help
E

·
Registered
442 Posts
I don't see a reason to stop wearing a full face helmet on a cruiser. The way I look at it, once you are doing your superman impression, how you land has no correlation to what bike you were just attached to.

I know this is a personal choice, so this is 100% my opinion. But being my opinion, I think it's a good one. ;)

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The old saying was that the diffence between a half helmet vs a full faced helmet is the difference between open casket and closed casket. Don't worry about what you look like; worry about your safety - you're riding a motorcyle not walking down a runway. People will notice your bike and probably not think twice about how you're dressed. Unless you're one of those guys that wears shorts and sandels while riding...

·
Registered
442 Posts
well said! i like that proverb :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nice looking bike. The price you paid sounds pretty good to me. The main thing is that you are happy with your purchase. As for the helmet, it's a matter of personal choice. I prefer a half helmet myself, but it is my liking. Enjoy the new ride and welcome to the family.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm welcome. I've ordered a pair of semi-hard bags and got a new set of tires put on (Which cost me an arm and a leg, I need to figure out how to do that myself!!!!).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts