Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went helmet shopping today (broke my modular) and had no luck at the 2 closest metric dealerships so figured I would stop my the HD dealership. They actually had one I liked for a decent price but not my size. Looked at a few of the used bikes when a salesman came up and asked me what I ride and I told him, cool guy. Then another came up and said "let me put you on an American bike". I said I am pretty sure I am on one now but with his great knowledge let me know that my bike is Canadian and just assembled here. Didn't feel like arguing with some one of such low intelligence so I told him I have nothing against Canada and it appears they make great motorcycles.

·
Registered
126 Posts
That was a quick and witty response. Good for you for not getting drug into an argument with an idiotcheerscheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Went helmet shopping today (broke my modular) and had no luck at the 2 closest metric dealerships so figured I would stop my the HD dealership. They actually had one I liked for a decent price but not my size. Looked at a few of the used bikes when a salesman came up and asked me what I ride and I told him, cool guy. Then another came up and said "let me put you on an American bike". I said I am pretty sure I am on one now but with his great knowledge let me know that my bike is Canadian and just assembled here. Didn't feel like arguing with some one of such low intelligence so I told him I have nothing against Canada and it appears they make great motorcycles.
Excellent reply, don't feed into the hate. From my experience, HD salesman do not really care for Victory, or their owners for that matter. We are just costing them money, in their eyes.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I believe he doesn't know much about Polaris as all I can find is that it began in Minnesota.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Excellent reply, don't feed into the hate. From my experience, HD salesman do not really care for Victory, or their owners for that matter. We are just costing them money, in their eyes.
Then, maybe, they should have paid more attention to their product and their service and their customers. Now, it is what it is. They don't like it and it's their loss.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I believe he doesn't know much about Polaris as all I can find is that it began in Minnesota.
The salesman probably thinks they are made by Bombardier. Like Polaris, they made Skidoos and snowmobiles. The closest thing they make to a Victory is the Can Am trikes.

But speaking of Harley, I think it is only fair we give them their due. Their touring bikes have improved immensely since they fixed its frame. I'm not sure Vic has anything on them in a contest of handling:

Vic:

Vic_Gap_5.jpg

Harley:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The salesman probably thinks they are made by Bombardier. Like Polaris, they made Skidoos and snowmobiles. The closest thing they make to a Victory is the Can Am trikes.

But speaking of Harley, I think it is only fair we give them their due. Their touring bikes have improved immensely since they fixed its frame. I'm not sure Vic has anything on them in a contest of handling:
Yes, Bombardier is Canadian. I can remember those contraptions from when I lived on the prairies ... I was 8 then and we called them Bombadeers (coz we couldn't speak French LOL)

OldBombadeer.jpg

I see sparks from the HD but not the Vic ....

·
13,177 Posts
really to bad you didn't tell 80% of harley is made in China and then they put it to gather here or over there

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Yes, Bombardier is Canadian. I can remember those contraptions from when I lived on the prairies ... I was 8 then and we called them Bombadeers (coz we couldn't speak French LOL)

View attachment 28458

Good eye! Looks like my Basani pipes on my Hammer... only the Harley is much more leaned over then mine has to be...:mad:

·
Registered
367 Posts
For my southern brothers who spend too much time riding and not enough time watching the news the day after the Egyptian military coup us Canadians invaded and took over the great state of Minnesota, since it is right next door anyway. TNXR in case you are wondering we may even work our way towards Tennesee.

It is obvious that HD salesman spend more time watching the news and less time riding.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just think that some sales people really need a good training course on how to sell vehicles. I have run into this thing before when buying vehicles. Show up at a Ford dealership in my Chevy and they put it down. Looked hard at getting a Stratoliner till the salesman asked what else I was looking at and told him a Vic and he put it down. I even had one Vic dealer put down the Suzuki I was on and hell, they sell Suzuki's! Maybe it is a good sales technique that works on others but if just pisses me off and makes me not want to do business with those people. I think some salesman don't realize that there are a few of us out there who don't care who makes the bike, truck, car, tractor, boat, etc or what country it was made in but care about quality and value and how it looks. Funny thing is that I have been in this dealership many times and have bought a few things from them, most recently a pair of riding gloves, but looks like I'll be avoiding them as well and throwing more of my money to internet sites for gloves and the sort.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For my southern brothers who spend too much time riding and not enough time watching the news the day after the Egyptian military coup us Canadians invaded and took over the great state of Minnesota, since it is right next door anyway. TNXR in case you are wondering we may even work our way towards Tennesee.

It is obvious that HD salesman spend more time watching the news and less time riding.
You may make it down here to TN but the ever changing climate of 85 degrees one day and 35 degrees the next will confuse many and you will have to retreat up north for a more stable below freezing temperature!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Look closer. My Vic was surfing the floorboard and it has very little give. Take it much further and it becomes a lever.

In any event, he's also riding two up with a trunk. I'd say the clearance is pretty damn good on the Harley.

·
Registered
530 Posts

I say we take Hawaii next!

·
Registered
659 Posts

Vic:

View attachment 28450

Harley:

Have you ridden a Harley lately? Are you kidding or just goading us? I agree HD has greatly improved the handling of their bikes since yesteryear, but they are still no match for a Victory XC or Vision by any measure, on any level. I grind the $hit out of the HD test bikes every time I ride one, same as my Kawi. I have yet to touch down on the XC no mater how hard I try. Last weekend I spent hours consciously extended my comfort zone and still no contact.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Have you ridden a Harley lately? Are you kidding or just goading us? I agree HD has greatly improved the handling of their bikes since yesteryear, but they are still no match for a Victory XC or Vision by any measure, on any level. I grind the $hit out of the HD test bikes every time I ride one, same as my Kawi. I have yet to touch down on the XC no mater how hard I try. Last weekend I spent hours consciously extended my comfort zone and still no contact.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
+1 on that! H-D may have stiffened the FL frames somewhat, but not to the extent of flex resistance the Vision and X bikes has.
That photo was taken one millisecond before that H-D went down.:ltr:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Centreville. Funny that a town named Centreville ended up in southern Canada. Of course, it's a reasonable name for a town in upper upstate New York.
Just thinking out loud.

Like Dennis Miller said, our immigration problems would be over if we bought Mexico and Canada. We could bottleneck anything south of Mexico at Guatemala and the only threat from north of Hudson Bay would be elves.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Lean Comparison

Just for the heck of it ... (and maybe to stir the pot a bit too)

LeaningBoth.jpg

1 - 20 of 64 Posts