Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so here it is. A couple of weekends ago I was stoked about the deal I got when I bought a used mustang seat (front and back) from a 99 V92 for $250. Well, when I got it in, it looked awesome. Furthermore, it felt awesome.

When I tried to install it on my 2000, the back went on fine, but the front seat latching did not look anything like the stock seat. Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between a 99 and 00 seats, or am I just missing some mounting hardware?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/75846/Wide-Touring-Two-Piece-Studded-Seat-Victory-V92C

I just noticed that Colorado Expat explained, in a few threads earlier, that the 99 seat mounting was unique to that year. Mustang has a picture of the underside of the seat for 00-03, and it looks exactly like the seat that I have.

So did they post the wrong pic or do I just need some mounting hardware to make it work? Any input would be great, so that I know whether to keep it or re-sell.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It looks like they reused the picture for the '99 in the '00-'03 product description; however, the pdf of the mounting instructions for the later one does have the proper picture.

In a nutshell, the later one has the tongue at the rear of the seat and the latch at the front...

Also discovered that Mustang does indeed have a one-piece seat for the '99 - learn something new every day!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Okay, so here it is. A couple of weekends ago I was stoked about the deal I got when I bought a used mustang seat (front and back) from a 99 V92 for $250. Well, when I got it in, it looked awesome. Furthermore, it felt awesome.

When I tried to install it on my 2000, the back went on fine, but the front seat latching did not look anything like the stock seat. Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between a 99 and 00 seats, or am I just missing some mounting hardware?
99 is different for sure. So you have a seat for a 99 and you own a 2000?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Wish i had the money. I have a 99 and would love to have it but don't have any spare money. Have to buy a new rotor first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts