Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks there seems to be a bit of confusion out there in regard to what the Victory SWEPT exhaust is. I just wanted to clear it up for ya'll!!thumb up

I hope the dealers aren't the ones giving you the wrong info.

This is the Victory SWEPT exhaust.

This is the SLASH-NESS

·
Registered
163 Posts
I still like the looks of the swept, I don't like the step on the slash ness nor do I like the fact that they come up short on the swing arm (I like the hidden swing arm). I will sacrifice hp for looks. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Whats the difference in performance? Are the SlashNess any better than the swept?

·
Registered
396 Posts
hey diamond,
are the victory performance drag pipes any better than the victory swept exhaust?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are the pics attached. The chrome pipes are the Swept and the black pipes are the Slash Ness.

I posted this thread because I've seen members saying they have the Swept pipes when in fact they have the Slash-Ness.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
These are the new slash-ness pipes. The old slashness pipes are now RPW swept pipes.

Attachments

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually just double checked for accuracy and the old Slash Ness that were made by RPW are now just called Slash.

The pipes you have are the new Signature Slash Ness.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had a friends GF take some riding pics on Sunday, and my pipes look awesome from behind, and sound great too. I just need to get the bike in perfect tune, and I'll be happy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Slash-Ness & Signature Slash-Ness ?

Great info on the Swept vs Slash-Ness. Now I am confused which Slash-Ness people have been comparing to the Swept. I hear everyone saying the Slash-Ness are hauder than the Swept, but which Slash-Ness. Do the Signature Slash-Ness sound different than the Slash-Ness?

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Does anybody know anything about Freedom Performance pipes? I think they look better than the three sets above. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Victory-Vegas-Kingpin-Sharp-Curve-Radius-Exhaust-/180719657520?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a13bb2230
YES!...I have Freedom Performance Pipes and I like em,
the look, the sound, they way the bottom pipe drags on the road on r/h bends two-up, as for performance, well the bike ran well on a 1200 mile trip home on just the stage one filter and flash, since then Ive fitted a LLOYDZ timing wheel at 4 deg. adv. A Ness air filter. PCV and a dynotune and Ive got a nice flat torque curve form 100ft/lb at 2250rpm, rising to 105 all the way to 4000rpm before dropping back to 100ft/lb at 4250, then steadily dropping to 90 ft/lb as it hits the limiter.
Now thats great torque figures for a 100 cube with those pipes and the rest of the breathing work to compliment them.
Horsepowers a nice steady linear rise from 50 @2600rpm to [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and holding 86HP from 4750 to rev limiter a bit over 5000.
and that's at the back wheel, not at the crank which is where Victory measure.
So they look, sound, and perform great!...to me anyway..that's all that matters!
PS thanks to Konga63 for directing me over here.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts