Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=13611&highlight=handlebar&page=1

This is an old thread i was looking through that didnt really apply so i figured id post a new one leaning a different way, maybe one of you will have the answer

I had the opposite problem, the bars were too low and too close to me and i was slouching pretty bad during rides. I started getting a pain beneath my left shoulder blade so i loosened up the clamps and raised my bars up. adjusted the switches, levers and mirrors. so comfortable now, i sit up much better and the girlfriend does too. the ONLY annoying part is that the bars are rubber mounted so if i have to brake hard i have to remember to control that inch or so of play that come with it.

Has anyone ever done away with the rubber mount, is there even a way? or have others just dealt with it. what happens if you replace the bars with apes, i assume the rubber mount stays.

Just looking to see what others have experience with this. I can totally live with it and it is x1000 time comfier riding

·
13,033 Posts
If your bars move a inch your rubbers are shot. Put in new rubbers
some one does make ridged mounts don't know who

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
yeah gotta agree w vj...they are either too loose or the dampeners are shot.

·
Premium Member
13,287 Posts
Not sure if anyone makes 'em for Vic's yet but the polyurethane ones for HD work good. They stiffen it up quite a bit. If you really wanted to you could go with washers I think and go solid. Might get that hand numbing thing on long rides though...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts