Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's the redline for my shiny new judge? I've been pretty easy on her (I like to call her Judge Judy...) and just had my 500 mile service.

I'd like to work her out a bit, but without a real red line on my tach...

Dug through the manual and didn't find it first go round.

Can one of you smart guys enlighten me?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
So what's the redline for my shiny new judge? I've been pretty easy on her (I like to call her Judge Judy...) and just had my 500 mile service.

I'd like to work her out a bit, but without a real red line on my tach...

Dug through the manual and didn't find it first go round.

Can one of you smart guys enlighten me?
There was a thread on the redline for the X bikes a couple weeks ago, and we eventually came to the consensus it was 5500 RPM in every gear but 6th. If memory serves (mine occasionally makes things up), I believe that seems to be the case for all 106 bikes. If i'm wrong, by all means someone say so.

If you're referring to digital tach readout provided by your speedo's multi-function display, I'll warn you right now the bike is way faster than the LCD in that display. At full throttle you won't be able to use it to judge your shift points because it just can't keep up. I know this by having bounced off the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd on my XR. Analog tach's the way to go if you want to wring the throttle out. Other option is to approach your shift points more slowly and learn at what speed you should shift. I believe it's about 4800-5000 RPM for a stock 106, and just memorize how fast that is in each gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts