Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late night over the weekend. I drank a couple of glasses of wine and was cooking on the grill. I had asked my 23 yr old daughter a few times to help with something. She was staring at her cell phone. She ignored me each time. The 3rd time, I got her attention and then things went down hill.

I made it worse along the way by threatening to make her move out(I was bluffing) with my wife adding fuel to the fire. Daughter left angry... I drove off angry(in the car). A little later, in my frustration, I fired my gun couple times from my car and inside city limits but not near any dwellings. I shot at a pole. Fireman down the road drove up and asked if I was alright... he'd heard a bang. I said all is okay and drove away getting on the interstate nearby. Cops stopped me... the rest is history. The fireman had called it in.
I was not swerving or driving over speed limit... didn't matter! I complied totally with police.

This has never happened to me before. I'm too old(and smart) to be doing such a foolish thing. I don't have a drinking problem it just helped me to be stupid. That has changed! A conglomeration of saying wrong things and doing wrong things has cost me.

Due to it being my first, I was told I could have it adjudicated and after some time, it will be erased from my record. Not sure all I will be made to do.

I'm extremely embarrassed, upset, and disappointed. All is well now with my daughter and my wife. They saw it for what it was.

I breathed a .1%, .08% is the limit.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Hey Dill
Confession is good for the soul.
All humans make mistakes. The reality is we live with the consequences, but the lessons learned can be invaluable down the road. Experience is a great teacher and now you will have the ability to impart some of your new found wisdom on others who might need it.
Stay strong. God speed.
..and save your ammo for more important targets!!!:smile

btw its been 5 years and 7 months since I last tasted the whiskey I was sure I could not live without..... man I can put away some sweet tea!

·
Registered
569 Posts
We need a confessions section for us all! I haven't had a drink in 2 weeks and I have lost 12lbs, although I'm not sure if they are related.

·
Registered
141 Posts
There is a saying, "In every mistake there is potential for growth".
Personally, I'm a potential giant!

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
It takes a real man to share his stupidity with others; by doing so, everyone can grow from it. No one is above doing stupid **** from time to time, but not everyone will fess up to it. We can't ever take back what we have done, but we can learn, grow, and move on.

Well done, sir.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
I got sober September 23rd 2001 and not one time did I ever go out and shoot at a pole from my car!!!

"A little later, in my frustration, I fired my gun couple times from my car..."

Buddy confession might be good for the soul but if we're being honest here you might not have a booze problem but I think it's a safe bet you have a huge anger problem.

Just saying.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I assume IF there had been no 23 year old in the house none of this would have happened??? Thats my lesson!

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
DILL, thanks for sharing, how is your daughter now? is she more close coz of what happened?

I hope this could be a positive effect for your family, sometimes if things go wrong, then people can get closer coz of love and protection ...

Hang in there "old boy" tomorrow is around the corner and sweet things could make you and your family smile

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm still working on not beating myself up over this but it was so out of character for me. I know better than to shoot a gun in city limits. I also know that no matter how well I think I can handle alcohol, it is the devil. I'm usually a 3 beer guy on weekends.

No matter! I remember it all vividly... was not drunk but was a little high. No different than any other time just shouldn't be behind the wheel, after 10, while cops are looking for something to do. I did not sleep in the cell and was miserable until wife bailed me out the next morning.

Towing fee was ridiculous and now will be hit with multiple fines and fees for what??? The guys at the police station said everyone makes mistakes.

I appreciate getting to confess and vent here. I knew you guys would understand and even expect getting beat down some. I'll take it!

A God-fearing Christian man... all around family man, hard working, who loves people, coffee, riding, and beer... and got cuffed and thrown in the back of a patrol car.

I could have attempted to lie... probably could have gotten away with it. He did not see me shoot the gun. I had no liquor or bottles in the car and was not driving recklessly. I could not live with myself if I lied. I may be a lot of things but I'm not a liar!

I don't have a temper but I am human and do get angry... wine accelerates this more than beer.

I shot the gun... then picked up my bible and started reading it. I was then going to head home and fix the mess.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
We need a confessions section for us all! I haven't had a drink in 2 weeks and I have lost 12lbs, although I'm not sure if they are related.
Sounds like your on your way to being Little Mike !

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Guns and alcohol DO NOT MIX Dill ! Glad your ok brother . Just don't shoot yourself , when you sober up , you will regret it .:grin

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I'm drinking a tall vodka and tonic right now and I'm pretty sure I'll have a couple more...

but...

I won't be firing any of my guns inside the city limits or getting a DUI because I'm old enough to know better.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My daughter sent a sweet text before she found out where I was... which btw, Three policemen went to my house to explain to my wife where I was.

Guess who really is the grown up!

My daughter said...

"Hey daddy. I just wanted to tell you that I am praying for you and that I am sorry. I forgive you. I am praying that you are ok right now and that Gods hand is over you and will give you peace with everything that happened tonight. Even though you hurt my feelings and maybe I hurt you I will always love you. Just know that God love you and that He is always near."

This is why this whole ordeal is a big deal... and should be!

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
My daughter sent a sweet text before she found out where I was... which btw, Three policemen went to my house to explain to my wife where I was.

Guess who really is the grown up!

My daughter said...

"Hey daddy. I just wanted to tell you that I am praying for you and that I am sorry. I forgive you. I am praying that you are ok right now and that Gods hand is over you and will give you peace with everything that happened tonight. Even though you hurt my feelings and maybe I hurt you I will always love you. Just know that God love you and that He is always near."

This is why this whole ordeal is a big deal... and should be!
Too bad God didn't talk you out of shooting the pole...

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm drinking a tall vodka and tonic right now and I'm pretty sure I'll have a couple more...

but...

I won't be firing any of my guns inside the city limits or getting a DUI because I'm old enough to know better.
I only had the gun for protection... I don't have it anymore.

I cannot give anyone a reason for why I shot it. If I had not, I would not be typing any of this. That sounds like something a teenager would do.

I like to drink but this episode has put me in a place where I needed to be.

I don't want to look like Glen Camble or Randy Travis pasted all over the local papers.

People that get caught for doing the wrong things are always sorry and it's mainly because they got caught.

I'm sorry I did this in the first place. The consequences only convince me that there may not be a second time.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
March 8, 1988 "ones too many and a thousand is not enough"

Hope the lesson is learned man. we are ALL just one mistake away

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Whats the country coming to when a man cant drive around a little drunk and fire off his gun.

·
13,185 Posts
Your Dam lucky the court didn't send you to anger management shrink
If you ever get pulled over from now on cops will have guns drawn when they approach you.
Sell the gun before you screw up

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your Dam lucky the court didn't send you to anger management shrink
If you ever get pulled over from now on cops will have guns drawn when they approach you.
Sell the gun before you screw up
VJ? I've already screwed up plus... they kept my gun. I should have this removed from my record after classes and 6 months.

However, I am concerned what the judge will say about me shooting the gun and getting arrested for dui.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts