Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got a new magnetic oil drain plug (aka sump plug) in the post this morning from those nice people in North Carolina which has gone straight on the bike after last weeks first (by me) oil change. Experience with the BSA tells me that these are a good investment in the long term health of your engine ie. when big bits are stuck to it its time to get the tools out ! With the Vic having only one lot of oil doing everything and modern oils being designed to keep stuff in suspension I want my oil to stick to lubricating/cooling and not be doing overtime as grinding paste ! cheers

·
Registered
511 Posts
Run quality oils and you will never see bits of stuff stuck to the magnet. I have over 10,000 miles on my bike and the magnetic drain plug comes out clean every time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's why I'm using Victory oil in the Vegas ! All engines wear and shed fine metal particles which I would prefer not to have re-circulating in the oil. Experience with a 50 year old BSA engine was that when its timing side main bearing decided to die the early warning sign was bits of broken shim stuck to the magnetic sump plug which warned me that it was time to strip the engine and renew the bearings. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts