Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Pfffff that's just a bit to much for me to missssss

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Last time went to Sturgis during Bike Week was 2010 .. Been there twice since for the Rides but don't even want to think what the Crowds are like this year .. Guess the Pics give you an idea ..

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Sturgis: from the old Indian word meaning "to haul on a trailer"

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
As someone who sits in traffic daily , I try to avoid traffic at all costs when on my bike , I'm with you VJ .cheers

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
That looks like Rt. 17 going north into Helen, GA on a summer weekend afternoon. If I never return to Helen, it will be too soon. I could not imagine the chaos and waiting in traffic inbound to Sturgis.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
As one who abhors crowds, especially where drinking and riding are mixed, I never gave going to that event a thought. Been there when its not on and found Sturgis to be a tiny, one horse town and the roads in the Black Hills absolute nirvana when I don't have to follow a bunch of flatland Harleys. So my not being there leaves room for 50 more to attend. The Hells Canyon Rally is only 300 miles from me, has the same features, much smaller and many great riding roads around it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Looks like a few people rode into trailer week.
I can't imagine the traffic, someday I'll visit for the scenery of the region but not for the trailers.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Looks like a few people rode into trailer week.
I can't imagine the traffic, someday I'll visit for the scenery of the region but not for the trailers.
I would love to go. If I do, it won't be during Sturgis Week.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
I sent this out to rider friends and one replied that he has gone 4 times, but on the last day. Everyone has left and the vendors cut prices way downso they have less to have to pack up. Smart man.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I have been in Sturgis and it is a delightful little town with good riding roads nearby. I will never be tempted to go there for a rally though.

·
13,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fall is a great time out there with all the colors. Its worth the trip

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Some people's idea of fun absolutely amazes me. The good part of that is their home towns have less traffic and are a little more quiet during the event.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I've heard from friend's that have gone, it's easy to lose your own bike. One guy, who goes a lot (on a blue and silver bagger) ties multiple strange color bandannas on his mirror and trunk rack.

I don't want to go to Sturgis and need to mark the location of my bike with a GPS to help find it.

I have been there many time when Sturgis Week is not happening and Sturgis ain't much. Deadwood is a nice tourist town though. Road 16A (the pigtail road) is my favorite.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Been there too Ken, when things are real quiet. Gotta love Iron Mountain and Needles highways. Especially when the flatlanders aren't clogging the roads. Too bad Spearfish Canyon Road is posted at 35 mph and patrolled. It should be posted much higher.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts