Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bummed out. I saw that Dr Dyno was going to be in York PA (only 3 hours away) this weekend so I made an appointment to have him do some fine-tuning on my hot rod Kingpin. My buddy was going along and we agreed to meet at 5:30 this morning and head that way.

Fred called me yesterday around 2:00 saying that it was cold and rainy, he had pulled 2 bikes all day, and he was going home. Sunday is called off.

%#&@*#%$*@#&$*!!!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I know how you feel. I tried to get my bike dyno tuned (just installed my PCV) yesterday at Bikes Blues and BBQ. I was totally looking forward to it but when they couldn't do it because I left the catalytic converter in the bike when I put on the RPW mufflers. So they couldn't get the A/F probe far enough up the pipes to measure the individual cylinder A/F ratios. So now I've got to remove the cat and drive to them to have it done. :(

·
Registered
403 Posts
I know how you feel. I tried to get my bike dyno tuned (just installed my PCV) yesterday at Bikes Blues and BBQ. I was totally looking forward to it but when they couldn't do it because I left the catalytic converter in the bike when I put on the RPW mufflers. So they couldn't get the A/F probe far enough up the pipes to measure the individual cylinder A/F ratios. So now I've got to remove the cat and drive to them to have it done. :(
They should've used your O2 ports. Removing the cats isn't the right answer....:confused:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yup. Pulling the cats is totally the wrong way to go
Yeah, they didn't have the correct size O2 adapters so they couldn't do that. So do you think I should just find someone else to do the work who does have the correct adapters rather than remove the cats? Is removing them going to hurt my power?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yeah, they didn't have the correct size O2 adapters so they couldn't do that. So do you think I should just find someone else to do the work who does have the correct adapters rather than remove the cats? Is removing them going to hurt my power?
Well Victory uses 18mm threads which is what 95% of all OEMS (and dynos) use. So if they don't have 18mm O2 sensors, and the fact that they encouraged you to remove the cats instead, tell me that they are not the best folks to be dyno'ing your bike.
Removing the cats may hurt you low-end power, yes.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Well Victory uses 18mm threads which is what 95% of all OEMS (and dynos) use. So if they don't have 18mm O2 sensors, and the fact that they encouraged you to remove the cats instead, tell me that they are not the best folks to be dyno'ing your bike.
Removing the cats may hurt you low-end power, yes.
Well it sounds like I'll be finding someone else to dyno tune the bike. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts