Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever done one of these in the past? We do it every year here. We have 2 local HD dealers who are part of it. We go to the first store and draw a discount percentage. It is anywhere from 10%- 50%. Then we go to the other store and draw a multiplier. That is 1-5 (I think). So if you get a 40% discount, and a multiplier of 3, you get a significant discount. Maximum of $500 discount. I have never used my discount, as I have always had non HD bikes. One year I ended up with 40%, which I gave to a buddy, who bought $1500 worth of upgrades to his Heritage Softail (for which he thanks me to this very day). This year, however, I am thinking about using any significant discount to buy tires for my bike, if I get a decent discount. Usually, I draw a 10%, but someone in our group always has some discount left over they aren't using. One of our members had a 56% discount, but only used $100 of it. So another member took it (yes, it's allowed) and got some $500 headlight for his bike (HD- Ultra high definition, so and so) for only $220. My reaction? "You paid $220 for a HEADLIGHT?" But it really does put out a lot of light. Anyway, the real reason I'm posting this is to ask if anyone has some tire preferences for the Vision. Can I go up a size? Should I? My gut tells me to get the brand that's on it now, since I've got 21k on the bike and I think the tires are original. And have a little tread left on them. But it's something I want to plan for, and if I can get them at half price, all the better, right?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts