Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all long time since I posted last.

I have no service manual and wanted to adjust the idle of my Hammer. Well I took of my cheese wedge and saw "an adjustable screw", so I had a tweak with my fingers, sadly didn't take much notice of of the turns and well short story, this screw the the "the throttle plate flow screw" which the service manual says DON'T TOUCH!

I now assume this screw is for throttle plate synchronization. Is that correct?

And can these be reset by a dealer?

Thanks all.

Manual extract
"Idle speed is continuously monitored and adjusted by the ECM via the IAC valve. DO NOT tamper with or attempt to "adjust" the throttle plate flow screw (A) or plate stop screw (B)! They are factory pre-set. If idle is erratic or if idle speed is incorrect, refer to troubleshooting in this section to find the cause of the problem. Tampering with these screws will not correct an idle speed or control problem."

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
You open up the throttle to increase idle, the ECM thru the IAC valve adjusts the other way. LOL So what is it doing you think you need to make "better"

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what is it doing you think you need to make "better"
I need to return the throttle plate flow screw to the pre fiddled/factory position. So is this done by eye, by vacuum, by Victory special tool?

Again I'm assuming "throttle plate flow screw" relates to the throttle butterfly syncronization. But I'm not sure.

Thanks for the reply djh3.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,758 Posts
Is there any marking on the screw to align with the pre fiddled position?

How well is the bike running?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Far as I know only 1 throttle body for both cyl. So no sync. I could be wrong as I havent had wedges off in couple years.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Far as I know only 1 throttle body for both cyl. So no sync. I could be wrong as I havent had wedges off in couple years.
nope, 2 ... for anyone still wondering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts