Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the handlebars on the Cross Country come back closer to you then on the Cross Roads, or are they basically the same reach?

·
Registered
186 Posts
The XC uses a short riser and bars that are a little more than 3" taller than the XR. The XR uses a taller riser and shorter bars. The net result is identical (or, nearly) grip positions.
That's why XC bars are an XR mod for closer bars. (but, the 3" requires all new cables)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Too bad it wasn't just a +2" so the stock cables and wiring would still fit.
Wiring still works, but needed clutch, brake and throttle. It was a perfect excuse to go with all braided cables and they look great!

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
The XR can get away with it because it doesn't have the fairing, so no, can't physically do that without making lots of modifications to the fairing which would self defeating if someone is trying to bring the bars closer for as little money as possible.

I read about someone getting a shop in SoCal to make some bars which are just like the SRVT bars but at half the price. I haven't heard anymore about it so maybe it wasn't doable. Chrome is crazy expensive these days.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks Bob. Maybe I'll try hanging from an overhead bar nights and see if I can stretch my reach a little before I get my XC in a month or two . Or I could get the +2" bars like everybody else.

Doug

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Sounds like a good plan Doug. The new bars that is. :) I have mine set high and it really makes a difference on the shoulders and upper back. Looks cool too. :) I really like the design of the XC risers because Victory put the back bolts facing up so the bars can be adjusted without taking anything off. Good piece of common sense engineering IMHO.

If I had a fatter wallet; I'd look at the Helibars with all the angles and adjustments that can be made to them. Unfortunately for many of us; the $800 price tag puts it out of reach.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If any Cross Roads riders are interested, I have a set of Cross Country Bars available.( I put on the SRVT +2's) Make me an offer I can't refuse.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Humbucker,
Have you decided to jump on a 2010 or 2011 XC yet or are you still holding out to see 2012 colors?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts