Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
80 mph on I-15.
Bike nos. 3 and 4 are 1 bike length behind bikes 1 and 2.

I dubbed it the tardly davidson group ride.

Edit: Illegal in Utah for 2 bikes to share a lane

·
Registered
477 Posts
I wouldn't feel comfortable riding that close, I like a nice cushion of space.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I'm a hugger , couple guys I ride with , we know each other so good its like an air show , 6" apart . I guess that aint for everybody .:rolleyes:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Anyone riding beside me in the same lane will not like me for very long. They will get the chance to back off, but only one.

cheers

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Only at stop lights. Otherwise it's 2-3 bike length's between me and the sTaGeRReD guy in front of me...minimum!cheers

·
13,239 Posts
Minnesota laws say you have to get permission to ride next to another bike
Yes i group like them

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I personally think its kind of stupid to ride side by side like that. Doesn't give you much room if you have swerve to miss something on the road. One way you're going into the rider next to you, the other way your going into the other lane, causing other people to move out of your way. But since I could care less if they wreck, they can ride like that if they want to. Hell, they should have one ride right in the middle.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
But since I could care less if they wreck, they can ride like that if they want to.
Wow , kind of a vicious comment ... I see a lot of pinhead bikers but don't want to see any of them wreck .... To each his own I guess .:rolleyes:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wow , kind of a vicious comment ... I see a lot of pinhead bikers but don't want to see any of them wreck .... To each his own I guess .:rolleyes:
Last year a local OMG were riding on I-5 between Salem and Portland when suddenly traffic came to a stop. The club was riding two a breast and had less than a bike between them. When it was all over, 18 went to the hospital and one was dead at the scene. The lead bikes ran into the back of an SUV and the rest followed. It closed the busiest stretch of highway in Oregon for over 4 hours.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Understood , but saying you don't care if one of your brothers gets in a wreck is a whole different topic . There is risk in everything , I think a biker who doesn't wear a helmet is a f**cking RETARD , but I would never want to see him wreck . JMO on the helmet thing , I have good close friends that don't wear helmets .

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
If they are doing something stupid, even if its legal, and get in an accident from doing that act, why should I care? Some people won't learn until something bad happens. Now, if someone runs a stop sign or light and hits those bikers while they are riding, then I'll care about the bikers. If the driver who caused the accident gets hurt, I could care less about them. They screwed up

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
If the driver who caused the accident gets hurt, I could care less about them. They screwed up
Yea , if someone makes a mistake or has bad judgment , they should definitely pay the ultimate price ....:crzy:

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Staggered formation in our groups, usually 2 to 3 bike lengths.:)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Staggered formations here but I prefer 2-3 'seconds' between same line bikes just as if you were riding alone. That said, If I happen to be leading at least keep up to keep the group together.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I'm a hugger , couple guys I ride with , we know each other so good its like an air show , 6" apart . I guess that aint for everybody .:rolleyes:

That's how we ride too Mags... Like a giant snake rolling down the highway. That being said there are only 14 of us that ride together like that. New guys are at the back always.

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
We only ride like this when we join the HD coz they ride soo slow ...
Last bike called "sweeper" is most time people like me
.. To make the slower guys close the gap with the group or when something is wrong hall-ass to the front .... All the newbies are in the middle-class

We ride sometime close but the roads are much smaller here ....

Vcc14 even the best or experienced riders make mistakes ... So that means if you make a mistake we would be pleased about it ?? I am not understanding why rubbing against hairs is necessary and you do this on manny manny posts..... Are you by any chance family of Saddlebag ??

Just asking ??

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Just got back from a ride with my SCRC chapter to Astoria, OR at the NW corner of the state. Club rules are; no drinking, no drugs, ride staggered 2 to 4 seconds apart. We have all kinds in our group, including newbies, so the 2 to 4 seconds helps them with confidence and comfort in a group. One rider got her endorsement just after Mothers Day. Today's ride consisted of 6 bikes, 8 people, 4 men, 4 women, 3 male riders and 3 women riders. How's that for a mix?

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's MC style. Mine rides staggered but we do 80 on the highway in very tight formation. Takes some getting used to for sure. It's drummed into you during prospecting. If you can't or won't do it you don't patch. A lot of it is trusting your brothers.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
That's MC style. Mine rides staggered but we do 80 on the highway in very tight formation. Takes some getting used to for sure. It's drummed into you during prospecting. If you can't or won't do it you don't patch. A lot of it is trusting your brothers.
No disrespect inteneded, but I never trust anyone with my life except the medical profession. I'm responsible for me, not someone riding mere inches from my motorcycle at 80 mph. Like I have posted, you get to my age with luck and not doing stupid stuff. Now that I have had my say about that, I'll back off and you do as you wish. But if you get killed doing that, don't come crying to me.:crzy::ltr:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts