Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can someone with cams in your XC post up a video of the sound that your bike makes at an idle ? I'm probably going to go to up to Oklahoma soon for a cam party and was just wanting to see if it will remind me of my old 68 small block Chevy camaro back in the day ...boooyyyyy were them some good ole days!

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Hate to burst your bubble but you will not have much change from stock in the sound department. However it will run hard.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hate to burst your bubble but you will not have much change from stock in the sound department. However it will run hard.
Ok, at least you gave me the bad news on a Monday ,,, roflmao at myself.....cheers. Thx

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
just wanting to see if it will remind me of my old 68 small block Chevy camaro back in the day
It won't idle any different.

Engines with a common plenum will lope with just a little cam, but you'd have to do crazy cams and crazy-high compression to change the idle on an engine with separate intake tract/throttle butterfly for each cylinder.

I went pretty hard on my engine... 11:1 compression and cams that require springs and retainers to keep the retainers from hitting the valve guides... no lope.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts