Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was talking to my friend Robert. He's just purchased his first motorcycle. He told me that he's been checking out his Facebook and Twitter feeds to try and find deals on aftermarket parts, etc. This sparked an idea for a blog post.

When you are looking for an addition for your bike do you check these things out? If so, where do you go on social networking sites to find deals, etc.?

I know there are a couple places that give like Twitter only deals (ie, LA Choppers has a 10% discount for Twitter followers) but I figured I'd ask the experts here.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I follow probably about 20 blogs, half of which I prefer to view on facebook rather than my RSS feed. Ive come across some pretty cool 1 day sales on these blogs, so I'd have to be an advocate for the social media sites. The times are changing, and brick and mortar mom and pop shops are falling to the way side. Will they ever completely go away? time will tell......I do all of my own service and repair, so I have no use for them.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I personally don't use FB or twitter for deals. I go through the forums I belong too be cause most of the vendors offer discounts to the members.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@diamond Do you just search through your friends for links and deals they've posted or do you go to certain forums or certain areas of forums?

·
Registered
60 Posts
neither

I don't use either to find products, but rather I use an internet search and look at websites - that and for used things I use Craigslist, which is how I found my bike.

Take care!

·
13,262 Posts
jennytruant

Go to the net put in what ever manufacture of motorcycle followed by the words parts.
Now surf
victory motorcycle parts Have a case of beer and ten credit cars and you can buy all you want.
If you find some site you like bookmark it so you can go back

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
So I was talking to my friend Robert. He's just purchased his first motorcycle. He told me that he's been checking out his Facebook and Twitter feeds to try and find deals on aftermarket parts, etc. This sparked an idea for a blog post.

When you are looking for an addition for your bike do you check these things out? If so, where do you go on social networking sites to find deals, etc.?

I know there are a couple places that give like Twitter only deals (ie, LA Choppers has a 10% discount for Twitter followers) but I figured I'd ask the experts here.

What exactly are you doing on this forum?

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts

I sometimes offer Facebook and Twitter deals.thumb up

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
I'm working with some friends to try and get them some better deals, etc.

Was there something I could help you with?
That's nice of you. Not many people like to surf the web for their blind friends who happen to ride motorcycles.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
CR,
Play nice. She's a blogger and was upfront and broadcasted her intentions in her introduction.

JT,
I have used facebook to research Victory but have not needed to use it for parts and accessories. For parts, accessories, maintenance and upgrade questions I prefer using Victory forums. I've found that owners normally give better info than dealership service employees -- owners don't try to pad the bill. My research was geared toward customer satisfaction. I found out what I needed to know and rarely go back. When I do it's just to see if someone I suggested posting a problem on facebook to actually did it. Victory is very responsive to facebook posts.
As far as twitter goes I've never used it. I read a news story about twitter recently that makes me think it's a dangerous tool to some people. Apparently the person that does the Aflac duck voice posted something on twitter about Japan. He is no longer working for Aflac...
Good luck with your quest.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
CR,
Play nice. She's a blogger and was upfront and broadcasted her intentions in her introduction.
Sometimes things are not what they appear, that's all.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Eh, she's harmless.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Eh, she's harmless.
Sounds to me like she is an employee of Barons Custom Accessories/LA Choppers. Has forum memberships on furyforums.com , roadstarraider.com , hdforums.com , mybikeforums.com to name just a few, where her posts seem to promote lachoppers.com parts.

And as a coincidence, for sure, lachoppers.com offers deals on Facebook and Tweeter (see the big splash advertisement on their main page) - how odd that she would come here to ask us if we follow Tweeter and Facebook for bike parts deals.

Coincidently also she lives in Huntington Beach, CA - same as the lachoppers store.

Spam is only effective as long as you're not aware of it. It's your right to know when you're being sold something.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Don't worry guys I am watching her posts closely. As long as she doesn't try to promote those businesses she isn't violating any rules.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
CR,
Are you some kind of closet detective?!? Guess I'll have to watch what I post and who I stick up for!

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Don't worry guys I am watching her posts closely. As long as she doesn't try to promote those businesses she isn't violating any rules.
Watching like a hawk! thumb up

Maybe this will discourage whatever was coming next, and I'm sorry if I appear to be an ass to some innocent forum member. But if I smell spam coming, the least I can do is let it be known. ;)

CR,
Are you some kind of closet detective?!? Guess I'll have to watch what I post and who I stick up for!
Hehehe... Everything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law! :ltr: I'm just looking out for the interest of honest forum members, who are here to learn and share about their bikes, not here to advertise a product or be sold on a spammer's trick.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts