Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice from anyone using the Dockboss. Just got my XC 8-ball a few weeks ago and ordered a Dockboss so I can use my android phone. It came in and when I plug it up, nothing happens, no light on it anywhere and my phone can't find the Bluetooth signal. I borrowed a co-workers iPod and plugged it up, and it works fine, so I know it's nothing wrong with the bike. I've returned the Dockboss and got another one and this is doing the same thing. Am I missing something? Is there anything else I need to do to get this thing working or do I have another dud?
Thanks

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
12,983 Posts
am guessing your plug inn on the bike is "single" pin. You're going to need a 30 pin connector from victory to get it to work.
I'm guessing min you

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 30 pin connector on the bike, the adapter is supposed to allow me to use Bluetooth connected to the 30 pin. I thought I read on here or another forum that's what a lot of people were using with the 8-ball

·
Registered
230 Posts
If it is the one I have for some reason I have to start the bike have it running pick the mode, than unplug the dock boss than plug it back up to get it to sync. Than the next time may just walk up start the bike and no problems at all.....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I haven't tried doing it in that order, I'll have to give that a shot this evening, thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Just in case anybody else runs into this, I found my issue, traced it back to a couple of broken wires in the fairing, weird because the bike is brand new, it must have happened at the factory. I'll be calling the dealer in the am to see about a new one.

·
Banned
471 Posts
Looking for advice from anyone using the Dockboss. Just got my XC 8-ball a few weeks ago and ordered a Dockboss so I can use my android phone. It came in and when I plug it up, nothing happens, no light on it anywhere and my phone can't find the Bluetooth signal. I borrowed a co-workers iPod and plugged it up, and it works fine, so I know it's nothing wrong with the bike. I've returned the Dockboss and got another one and this is doing the same thing. Am I missing something? Is there anything else I need to do to get this thing working or do I have another dud?
Thanks

I am using the Dockboss with several android devices, no issue.

It maybe your devise settings? Make sure you make it visible to Bluetooth devices, then hit the scan button, it will ask you for a code, like 1234. And it should connect. If your still having issue call Dockboss, they have a tech line.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am using the Dockboss with several android devices, no issue.

It maybe your devise settings? Make sure you make it visible to Bluetooth devices, then hit the scan button, it will ask you for a code, like 1234. And it should connect. If your still having issue call Dockboss, they have a tech line.
Look at my last post, wasn't the dockboss, the wires that power the iPod connector are broken in the bikes wiring harness, thanks for the help though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey OP I bought another version of the dock boss and when I turn it all the way up I barely hear music and hear amp wine. Do you think I could have the same problem? Or maybe I just bought a POS Bluetooth thing?? Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll let you know once my wires are fixed because I've bought 3 of those adapters thinking that was the problem. Once my wiring issue is fixed, I'll try all 3 and see if there's any difference between the 3, then send the other 2 back

·
Registered
101 Posts
Got it all hooked up last week, I tried all 3 that I had and although I didn't take it out and ride, I couldn't tell a difference just from cranking it up in the garage, hope that helps

Cool thanks! Yeah I spent the money on that bovee one and it's doing the same thing. I'm gonna have to check the wires

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts