Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
Just about to come alongside in Houston City Dock. One of a few places here convenient for the shore leave. Otherwise all closed, highly-security-protected oil and chemical terminals, where one feels more like in prison. Lucky this time, will leave my Chief Officer in charge of loading, which is gonna be very slow, and have the day off. And the day is Sunday - means no emails or calls from the fuckers, I mean bosses, from the Office. Looking forward to some good, bloody rare Texan steak:devil And wish I had my gear with me on board, I may have rent some bike then for a few hours ride.
Hello Texas!!!

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Enjoy your time ashore Vivi. If you ever pull into Portland Oregon, look me up. Contact info is in the link in my signature.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the invitation Ricz, I'd love to.
As far as I remember Portland lies on Columbia river, so must have some berths, jetties, etc. Who knows then, may be one day my small ship will call over there. So far I'm turning around the Gulf, but you never know, the world is not so big today any more.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Welcome to Texas, hope you enjoy your time off.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Thanks for the invitation Ricz, I'd love to.
As far as I remember Portland lies on Columbia river, so must have some berths, jetties, etc. Who knows then, may be one day my small ship will call over there. So far I'm turning around the Gulf, but you never know, the world is not so big today any more.
Although we are 90 miles inland, Portland is a deep water port with many terminals. Large container and auto ships used to come here until the dock workers' union shot themselves in the foot with a prolonged slowdown and the shipping companies grew tired of the slow turn around here and turned around and went elsewhere on the west coast. The union had a pissing contest about who was going to plug in the refers - now nobody gets to and Portland and the region have lost billion$ and the terminals are a ghost town.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, I caught my Texan steak in Corpus Cristi at Ol' Steakhouse, finally. Should I have my Gunner with me I'd run over it much faster:grin
Just for a couple of reasons last time in Hou, I landed in Mexican seafood restaurant instead of a steakhouse. Now, thy made me happy at Ol' even though they got succeed the second time, though (the first strip I got was just pinkish, while I ordered it medium-rare). What was very OK the waiter did not question my opinion and immediately offered to replace the meat. I tried to give them a chance and chop the meat in the middle, but there was nothing rare inside either. The second one arrived in a few minutes and was medium-rare this time and tasted perfectly.
Not the extraordinary steak, or the best I've ever had, but really good and at modest price. Side dishes too. And very good service, not like at Longhorn's. I honestly reccomend the Ol' Steakhouse for all hungry riders passing nearby.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts