Reactions: RICZ and vindex1963

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Reactions: RICZ

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
Ironic, isn't it, that libs are anti gun, anti death penalty, some are even anti killing animals for food, yet they are balls to the wall all for killing those who can least defend themselves and have no choice in the matter. I have learned that to be a liberal one has to be a hypocrite.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ya and the population will be 10 Billion by 2050. Where will the breaking point be and do you really think the earth can continue to support the growth.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya and the population will be 10 Billion by 2050. Where will the breaking point be and do you really think the earth can continue to support the growth.
I really can't believe you just said that. I'm sure the world will correct it's population problem all by it's self. With dieses, wars, natural disasters and judgement day will come way before overpopulation gets to that point. There are thousand of miles of open areas in the world still that can support millions of people around the world. Thousands if not millions of acers of farm land that has been but in government programs that farmer are being paid not to produce crops on. Because we were producing so much in the USA it was going to waste and driving prices down so much that farming was not profitable. We don't need to kill the helpless to avoid over population. It will take care of it's self naturally.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ironic, isn't it, that libs are anti gun, anti death penalty, some are even anti killing animals for food, yet they are balls to the wall all for killing those who can least defend themselves and have no choice in the matter. I have learned that to be a liberal one has to be a hypocrite.
My wife watches a lot of crime show. It amazed me that on the West coast the people were getting off with ten or fifteen years for premeditated murder. They would make plea deals and get of with even less time. In Texas you make a plea deal and you get life instead of the death penalty. Hell here people get 10, 15 years for being drunk and killing some one in a accident.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I really can't believe you just said that. I'm sure the world will correct it's population problem all by it's self. With dieses, wars, natural disasters and judgement day will come way before overpopulation gets to that point. There are thousand of miles of open areas in the world still that can support millions of people around the world. Thousands if not millions of acers of farm land that has been but in government programs that farmer are being paid not to produce crops on. Because we were producing so much in the USA it was going to waste and driving prices down so much that farming was not profitable. We don't need to kill the helpless to avoid over population. It will take care of it's self naturally.
Yes the planet will correct itself, but by that time it will be to late for most of the species in the world now, including us. So you think it's ok that we continue to overpopulate which brings war, famine, overuse of the worlds resources and the final colllapse. It will come before any judgement day. Do you really want to live in a world like that. Look at the problems we are having now. You make two statements about farmland that has been idled, then you said we were over producing which drives down prices so farmers could not survive. You cant have it both ways unless you give it a way. Oh but wait, it costs money to ship the excess (and to grow it) to parts of the world that need it, further using up the resources. When the oil is used up how will we get the excess crops to those parts of the world then. You need a viable market for the excess. Its not as simple as you make it seem in your statement.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
I believe abortion shouldn't be used as a mistake contraceptive. That's MY issue with it. But when some asshole or group of assholes, blame a gun, which cannot kill on it's own, for deaths and injuries, there's a problem. Criminals will find a way to be criminals, and taking things away from responsible people will not stop said criminals, it'll only make it easier for them.

Reactions: NAB and RICZ

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
I hear a new male contraceptive is coming out and some women are pissed off because they have had to deal with body altering pills or painful IUD's.

The way the male product works is it's a gel that gets rubbed into the back and shoulders. It's even better when you can get your spouse to rub it in for you.

Now you may think this is satire but it isn't. This is a real thing. Gotta wonder though; won't that stuff make your testosterone get so low you start getting boobs and producing milk? Will you feel tired and bitchy all the time? Headaches?

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-evaluate-effectiveness-male-contraceptive-skin-gel

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
Doobliss, you are so right in your last sentence. Guns have been banned in England and Australia, but the homicide, burglary and robbery rates have increased. Most murders are now committed with knives and England is trying to invent a way to prevent/reduce those. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I dont have a problem with the idea that people can have a gun for hunting/security of a free state. One of the problems we have in the states is that guns have become an entertainment industry, way beyond what the 2nd amendment intened. Just google tannerite and see for yourself.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yes the planet will correct itself, but by that time it will be to late for most of the species in the world now, including us. So you think it's ok that we continue to overpopulate which brings war, famine, overuse of the worlds resources and the final colllapse. It will come before any judgement day. Do you really want to live in a world like that. Look at the problems we are having now. You make two statements about farmland that has been idled, then you said we were over producing which drives down prices so farmers could not survive. You cant have it both ways unless you give it a way. Oh but wait, it costs money to ship the excess (and to grow it) to parts of the world that need it, further using up the resources. When the oil is used up how will we get the excess crops to those parts of the world then. You need a viable market for the excess. Its not as simple as you make it seem in your statement.
Global warming is going to happen. We maybe making it happen faster, but the earth has always had atmospheric changes. We no that the ocean has been much higher that it is today. we know that it has been much lower. There are ancient cities under the ocean right now. There are areas that you find sea shells on top of the ground. Hundreds of miles from any coast. We have had ice ages. Back in the 50's and early 60's they scientist said we were going into another Ice Age because it was so cold. It didn't happen. Where I live a thousand years ago there was trees every where. The dry lake beds and river beds had water in them. The deserts in Arizona had large cities and irrigation systems to water their fields. It all changed. The earth will always change. Killing babies will not change that. We can't change it, maybe slow it down, maybe. In 50 years from now it will be going another way, probably. I want be here to see. To really change the air Russia India, China and other countries have to make the same efforts we have. The USA has made great progress in air quality. In July 1969 I can remember driving in to Las Angels, California and the sky was yellow and the air smelled, your eyes and nose burned. That has all changed, yet in Europe in the 80's they still had leaded gas. You could not get unleaded gas anywhere. We are doing all we need to do. The rest of the world needs to bring their standards up to ours. We have gave them the technology. But they will not use it or implement it. So let what ever happens, happen. It will not be the United States of America's fault and we can't change it.

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
I dont have a problem with the idea that people can have a gun for hunting/security of a free state. One of the problems we have in the states is that guns have become an entertainment industry, way beyond what the 2nd amendment intened. Just google tannerite and see for yourself.
You do realize we have our 2nd Amendment rights to protect ourselves from out an out of control government right? The leftist dems are severely out of control and need to be put in check. Things will get a lot worse over the next couple of years with the radicalized terrorist dems who got elected as House representatives last month.

The 2A doesn't say anything about hunting or security. When the government starts saying things like you don't need a semi-automatic rifle with a 30 round mag; that's when you definitely need a semi-auto with a 30 round mag. In fact you probably need a few along with 5k rounds of ammo because the fight is getting ready to get real.

The only thing worse than a gun grabber is a gun grabbing politician.

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
Scientists studying glacier activity in Alaska and elsewhere are predicting a cooling of the earth in approximately 30 years. So much for warming...again. Remember the cooling in the early 1970s that had the Cali legislature knee jerking to it by mandating that 5% of car sales had to be electric cars and there were none then?

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
232 Posts
You do realize we have our 2nd Amendment rights to protect ourselves from out an out of control government right? The leftist dems are severely out of control and need to be put in check. Things will get a lot worse over the next couple of years with the radicalized terrorist dems who got elected as House representatives last month.

The 2A doesn't say anything about hunting or security. When the government starts saying things like you don't need a semi-automatic rifle with a 30 round mag; that's when you definitely need a semi-auto with a 30 round mag. In fact you probably need a few along with 5k rounds of ammo because the fight is getting ready to get real.

The only thing worse than a gun grabber is a gun grabbing politician.
A quick search on Dem legislation proposals on gun control tell me which ones you are against,

1 Senate Democrats introduced legislation on Tuesday to prohibit blueprints for 3D printed guns from being posted online.

2 Senate Democrats said they will introduce a gun control bill that would expand background checks, ban certain weapons, and give the courts the power to temporarily take guns away from people who are deemed to be a threat to themselves or others

3 universal background checks to close “loopholes” that allow people to purchase guns without background checks at gun shows or online.

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
A quick search on Dem legislation proposals on gun control tell me which ones you are against,

1 Senate Democrats introduced legislation on Tuesday to prohibit blueprints for 3D printed guns from being posted online.

2 Senate Democrats said they will introduce a gun control bill that would expand background checks, ban certain weapons, and give the courts the power to temporarily take guns away from people who are deemed to be a threat to themselves or others

3 universal background checks to close “loopholes” that allow people to purchase guns without background checks at gun shows or online.
All three of course. Now you might ask what is wrong with taking guns away from those deemed a threat? Simple; anything the government gets involved in it abuses and corrupts. Anyone can say Mike's been acting a little strange lately; let's tell the cops who will send SWAT to come take his guns. Mike is surprised by the team and shoots at them thinking they are breaking in to kill or harm him. They kill him in the process. This happens all the time.

The truth is 3D guns are just pie in the sky and even if/when the printers get good enough to make usable firearms; they will be cost prohibitive to own. They are already thousands of dollars and take a substantial amount of room to operate. Plus they will never stop those plans from being posted on the dark web.

The only guns being sold at gun shows that don't go through the existing background check are those being sold person to person; not dealer to person. It's the same as if I sold you a firearm. No biggie.

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
Here's one of those "inconvenient" truths they don't tell us about.

There are about 11000 freight ships roaming the seas moving products everywhere from everywhere.

Of those 11k ships; just less than 20 make as much pollution as all the cars in the world and they just started looking at regulating them in 2015.

So when some soft-headed enviro-whacko tells you to stop driving a fossil fueled vehicle to slow down the death of the planet you can safely tell him to shove it up his back hole.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts