Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if it works as well as advertised for the Vegas - it appears it can strap right to the stock passenger seat with no additional hardware. Sounds a bit too good to be true, but I would love the optional storage without adding a rack or backrest.

(Shows it on the Vics about 3/4 of the way down the page)

http://bikersfriend.com/pages/saddlebag.htm

·
13,188 Posts
Wondering if it works as well as advertised for the Vegas - it appears it can strap right to the stock passenger seat with no additional hardware. Sounds a bit too good to be true, but I would love the optional storage without adding a rack or backrest.

(Shows it on the Vics about 3/4 of the way down the page)

http://bikersfriend.com/pages/saddlebag.htm
They all look like you haft to have a place to hook the bungee cords to. You might want to look where you would hook them first.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It looks like they're using a bungee bolt.

They're available from victory, and they replace the standard bolt that holds that chrome strip on, and gives a place to safely hook the bungee to, without scratching the paint or the chrome.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the Medium Large bag from ikers friend. You'll need the bungee bolts (i use the kewl metal ones). If you don't have a rack get the pad for the fender. I love it because I thought that saddle bags would take away from the look on the vegas.

·
Registered
109 Posts
muckers: on the website 1 person with a vegas (Josh, very last pic in the Victory section) seemed to indicate he was able to attach the bag to the factory rear seat using included straps. I'm guessing the straps must go underneath and around the seat. Can you confirm whether or not the bag can be attached in this manner? Seems like it might be a cleaner look than using bungee cords & bungee bolts.

TIA,

Rob

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
muckers: on the website 1 person with a vegas (Josh, very last pic in the Victory section) seemed to indicate he was able to attach the bag to the factory rear seat using included straps. I'm guessing the straps must go underneath and around the seat. Can you confirm whether or not the bag can be attached in this manner? Seems like it might be a cleaner look than using bungee cords & bungee bolts.
That was the pic that caught my eye, too. I hope that is possible! Although will get the bolts if need be.

·
Registered
102 Posts
hey guys,

Mine came with 3 small bungee cords with snap rings on them. 2 nylon adjustable straps and some reusable tie wraps. He has the passenger seat I don't 8-ball. If you look close he has the small bungees over the top of the bag. I got the bungee bolts for the basic fact I was worried the nylon strps would rub in the fender. But it can be easily secured in a number of ways......They even make suggestions in the instructions well made and no bulk of bags. I had quick realease bags on my last big and never used them because i thought it ruined the lines of the bike IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts