Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Riders,

i need a new windshield I just got my new used bike and it came with a Cee Baileys and its to tall for me. I was looking at this one made by CycleShields it goes from a 8" to a 14" for 159.00 any thoughts??

Thanks,
Brian
cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
[QUOTE

i need a new windshield I just got my new used bike and it came with a Cee Baileys and its to tall for me.[/QUOTE]

Have you considered contacting Cee Bailey and having the shield shortened? Might be worth a try.

·
Premium Member
13,727 Posts
Have you considered contacting Cee Bailey and having the shield shortened? Might be worth a try.
Anyone in the area that works on plexiglass can cut it down.

A person can do it themselves with a jigsaw and a fine blade. Just take a piece of cardboard and trace the top edge, cut the top of the cardboard off, then put some masking tape on both sides of the shield, use the cardboard as a pattern to mark a line of on the tape, cut it carefully with the jigsaw, and sand the edge with finer and finer sandpaper until it is like the original. Done!

I would go with the Madstad Robo shield brackets before I would get the one posted by the OP above but that's just me. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I would but its cracked around two of the bolt holes and I really like to go with a low tint one.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked at those brackets and wow 199.00 I think I will make some myself.. Or maybe find a cheap windshield and figure something out.

·
Premium Member
13,727 Posts
The brackets are only $110 and if you can make them to same quality as they are or better then more power to you!

7Jurock has some decent shields at probably the lowest cost available. Might be worth a looksee. If you end up making the Madstad style brackets; be sure to NOT get the flip top on them which you can get for an extra $25.

National Cycle has some VStream shields for a low price as well. Here is their tallest version on my bike. I'm about 5' 10" and would not get a shorter one.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i thought they were 199? I guess I will go back and look again. And I do like the Vstream shields and the prices are not bad at all. I'm 5'9 but I do like a smaller windshield and maybe get the brackets for bad weather.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Got one in the garage all wrapped up. Used it for only a hundred miles. Wife didn't like it sitting in the back.

Be happy to part with it. PM me if interested with an offer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks MTVic but I bought a arlen ness flip and hope it works. But thank you for the offer

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Thanks MTVic but I bought a arlen ness flip and hope it works. But thank you for the offer
We hope the flip works out for you but many have not noticed much difference between it and the stock blade. If you want something between the Ness flip & the larger CeeBaileys, try the Klockwerks. It also has a flip at the top but the sides are formed to push the air outward which helps.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks ndabunka but I was on a budget and I paid 159 compared to 250 on the klockwerks but I really wanted the klockwerks but money is has to go a long way I have to still powder coat the bike and repaint it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts