Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've ordered the lowering clevis for my 2000 V92C. Before installing it, I wanted to see if there are any safety issues that may come with lowering the bike.

Has anyone lowered their V92 and what are your experiences?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
No safety issues. I know a LOT of people that have their V92's lowered and not one single complaint or issue.

Some will say that you will scrape pegs and that can be a safety issue then that would mean all cruisers have safety issues since they sit lower than sportbikes and off road bikes. LOL

·
Registered
357 Posts
Let me know how this kit does.I have been emailing the shop that makes them but havent made my mind up yet

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Diamond, I feel better after your response.

FTWFLH, the clevis just shipped it, so I should recieve it soon. I'll let you know how much lower it puts it and how the ride is afterwards.

My reason for lowering: With a 30" inseam, I am only flat footed when I wear my steel toes and am standing at a light.
Goal: To be able to be flatfooted while sitting at the light.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FTWFLH, I received the clevis. Unfortunately, I don't have the tools (spring compressor and #10WR curved jaw vise grips) and can't find a place to rent them, so I will have to take it into a shop. Estimates has been between $175-225, so I will have to wait until after my nearly 2000 mile trip to the Springfield Mile before I can afford this install.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have me one ordered.I should be able to loosen the preload on my 04 to get the clevis off.Not sure on the earlier ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts