Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noooooooo.... not THAT bag!!!

My right saddlebag lid does not completely seal against the rubber at the front. I can see the edge of the rubber seal and I can stick my finger between it and the lip of the bag, all the way in.

This can't be right ... are the hinges/latches adjustable?

·
Registered
848 Posts
I have a simular problem on the rear side of the bags, allow a lot of dirt and some rain water to get pulled in.

Thinking of changing or adding more gasket to the rear. and front.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
This topic has been brought up before and I started a thread with pics a few months back. Neither one of my lids close the same and the right bag has a large gap on top. I brought it up to the dealer and compared to the other XC's on the floor and they all were about the same so I quit fighting it. I then put on some door seal tap on the front and rear of each bag lid and that has helped alot with keeping dust out. I have been through several heavy rains and have yet have water get in the bags. I was worried that the overspray from the front driving through rain would get in the bags but it has not. The bags are a crappy design in that you can not adjust them very well.
Something else you may want to check is the hinge mechanism on the underside of the lid. Mine has started to wear where it contacts the "U" shaped latch because of how loose the right bag is. I stuck a pencil in the rubber dampner to expand it and that has helped with the loosness as well.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This topic has been brought up before and I started a thread with pics a few months back. Neither one of my lids close the same and the right bag has a large gap on top. I brought it up to the dealer and compared to the other XC's on the floor and they all were about the same so I quit fighting it. I then put on some door seal tap on the front and rear of each bag lid and that has helped alot with keeping dust out. I have been through several heavy rains and have yet have water get in the bags. I was worried that the overspray from the front driving through rain would get in the bags but it has not. The bags are a crappy design in that you can not adjust them very well.
Something else you may want to check is the hinge mechanism on the underside of the lid. Mine has started to wear where it contacts the "U" shaped latch because of how loose the right bag is. I stuck a pencil in the rubber dampner to expand it and that has helped with the loosness as well.
Thanks for the helpful info.

So, when you were talking to the dealer about it and even though others were the same, ma Vic would not correct it ... no recalls ??

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Thanks for the helpful info.

So, when you were talking to the dealer about it and even though others were the same, ma Vic would not correct it ... no recalls ??
I think they would have if I pushed the issue but figured the odds were that I would just get another set of bags that had similar problems since the ones in the dealership were not much better than mine.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Down here, we just break out the duct tape. Solves all kinds of problems.
We Canucks are a bit more "refined" ... we use Tuck Tape now ... far better than Duct tape and it's Red so matches the scoot color.

:ltr:

·
13,031 Posts
Noooooooo.... not THAT bag!!!

My right saddlebag lid does not completely seal against the rubber at the front. I can see the edge of the rubber seal and I can stick my finger between it and the lip of the bag, all the way in.

This can't be right ... are the hinges/latches adjustable?

Not knowing what year you have or what model I would say go to dealer and ask for a new bag. Other guys have had the same problem

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not knowing what year you have or what model I would say go to dealer and ask for a new bag. Other guys have had the same problem
As you can see, I've updated my sig.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts