Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if there are any of you that ride your dogs on your bike? If so, how do you secure them or where do they ride?

Pictures are a BONUS!!! Stories are good too!

I'm getting a Beagle in about 5 weeks and I think I would like him to learn to ride with me on short trips...maybe even longer trips if he rides well.

I have done research about goggles and dogwear for biker dogs...so I'm really only interested in hearing about dog riding in relation to the Cross Country and Cross Country Tour.

·
Registered
418 Posts
This isn't specific to an XCT but to a touring bike, HD Ultra, but could work easily on a XCT. I know 2 that have dogs they ride with, one converted his tour pack for the dog with several vent holes and a larger hole in the top, the dog can have his head up and out or he can lay in the pack and stay out of the wind. The other has a specific peg luggage back he adds to his rear seat or tour pack lid when he takes along the dog.

·
Registered
251 Posts
There's a guy in my town he has a custom soft tail and his old bulldog use to ride on the tank,town cops made him get a helmet for the dog and goggles and he got them it was the best thing ever to see!!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...I may see what I can come up with....also depends on the pups training. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I forgot to mention, the larger hole in the top of the tour pack isn't large enough for the pup to exit the pack, have to open the lid to get him out.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've seen these "beast riders" before. I'd love to try one but they are really expensive. I want to be able to take my dog with me as well but I'm afraid that the only way I could is with a trailer or side car (he's a good sized dog).

http://www.beastriders.com/

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Judging by the look on his face and his body position, he looks like he's humping the seat?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think when I took the pic he had just jumped up onto the seat so maybe not quite in the right spot. I'm told the dog really enjoyed going for rides and didn't even mind the "doggles"

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yes there is a company out there making goggles for dogs called "doggles" not cheap either

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
My buddies dog used to keep his head out the car window , till a bumble bee took his eye out on the freeway . I encourage any of you fella's to look out for your pooch and get him/her the goggles . Its not worth them losing an eye or worse .

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In addition to Doggles, they actually make Dog Helmets too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a small dog that I've never taken with me. I thought it would be cool if I could get one of the hard saddle bag lids with the speaker cut out. That way she could stick her head out but still be covered otherwise. It's not a high priority for me, but it's an idea I had.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I actually thought about that too. But my little guy (haven't even brought him home yet)...will weigh about 30lbs...I don't know if the saddlebag would handle his weight (going over bumps and stuff)...and would have to reinforce "somehow" the mounting points.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts