Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiosity...has anyone done or know of someone who has installed their own 116 Big Bore kit?

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Out of curiosity...has anyone done or know of someone who has installed their own 116 Big Bore kit?
I did an XS650 out to 750 with TX750 pistons a few years ago,
Im handy on the spanners though, been working in the automotive trades all my life.
Started on my dads lawnmower at 15 , he bought me a $20 running rusty 1955 HOLDEN for my 16th birthday on the proviso I pulled it to pieces.
Vic engines not overly complicated, that said I have an Engineering friend who has rebuilt a Hammer motor and gearbox so Id probably pay him to do it.

·
13,262 Posts
If your going to do a 116 you're best off talking to someone like Kevix or Rylan.
They have the boring bar to do your cylinders and they know how to assemble the motor.
Sure you can do it but if you screw up its money out the window.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
not for everyone but dooable

looking at the kit on Lloydz's site shows included parts, your cylinders will be used with installed ductile sleeved cylinders, prolly could mail them to do do that, cams also recommended but not included + of course a custom map using the PCV is prolly necessary. if you were very good at wrenching why not. Lloydz would prolly offer tips + instructions. it would be a big savings if done correctly, if not well $$$$ down the toilet, a great offriding season project for sure, taking time for parts exchange + doing the build, if possible trucking your new build for a break in + tune may be best

1 - 4 of 4 Posts