Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a sad day but very blessed indeed. My beautiful girlfriend and I were south bound on Highway 29 when a 17 year old kid ran a stop sign. I tried to avoid him by going around him but he just clipped my saddle bag (was going about 60 at the time). I lost control of the bike and we both went down. My boo was airlifted and I was given a ride on the ambulance to UVA. We both were incredibly lucky we were wearing full face helmets. The trooper who worked the accident said he hadn’t seen a wreck that bad. Two of the EMT’s said the same thing.
I didn’t have a jacket on (idiot) but did have gloves, boots, and jeans on. We’re both pretty banged up and have a LOT of road rash but otherwise pretty ok. The kid had minimal coverage for his insurance so we’ll probably lean on my insurance to cover the rest.
Totally grateful today and yes I’ll probably ride again (but probably never without leather).

Attachments

·
Registered
724 Posts
It was a sad day but very blessed indeed. My beautiful girlfriend and I were south bound on Highway 29 when a 17 year old kid ran a stop sign. I tried to avoid him by going around him but he just clipped my saddle bag (was going about 60 at the time). I lost control of the bike and we both went down. My boo was airlifted and I was given a ride on the ambulance to UVA. We both were incredibly lucky we were wearing full face helmets. The trooper who worked the accident said he hadn’t seen a wreck that bad. Two of the EMT’s said the same thing.
I didn’t have a jacket on (idiot) but did have gloves, boots, and jeans on. We’re both pretty banged up and have a LOT of road rash but otherwise pretty ok. The kid had minimal coverage for his insurance so we’ll probably lean on my insurance to cover the rest.
Totally grateful today and yes I’ll probably ride again (but probably never without leather).
wow glad you and your lady escaped intact....sorry about the bike...8( but it can be fixed or replaced you are both ok....

Heal fast and be well...

Rob

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow! Sounds like the evasive action that you were able to execute may have saved you and your lady from serious injury. Glad you will be good to go with some mending. Sorry about your other girl.

·
Registered
321 Posts
So very glad that you are here and able to post about the accident! Heal well and quickly!

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, super lucky! I’m thinking about either an Octane or a GS 1200 to replace the CC. My friends think I’m crazy to ride again.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Yeah, super lucky! I’m thinking about either an Octane or a GS 1200 to replace the CC. My friends think I’m crazy to ride again.
Sorry about the Vic...I hate to see another one down. Very glad to hear you and your girl made it though okay, that's the important thing.
If you're going to keep riding get back on that horse asap ... ;)

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Yoix

Woosh, glad you walked away from that one. If you're going to keep riding, get back on the horse soon :)

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,587 Posts
Glad you are (mostly) okay. Get healed up and back on the horse when you can.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Glad you are semi/mostly OK. Bikes can be replaced but you and your girl friend can't. Take time to heal up and hope to see you both on the road again.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Glad the two of you are, for the most part, OK! Definitely get back on the 'horse' again' but be prepared to be a bit tentative at first. The road rash will heal but...……...it does leave marks.

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
I'm glad you're ok and you are not crazy to ride again, you're a motorcyclist. Bad things happen unfortunately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts