Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, got the fairing off and hopefully someone can jump in and educate me. Bought a Victory Dongle for bluetooth but can't find where it plugs in. I thought there was an empty plug just hanging waiting for the Dongle !! Can someone help please !!?? Don't see any empty plugs.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Sure. I've done a couple of these.

If you have one dongle, you'll need the bluetooth harness also.

If you have two dongles ( if your passenger also needs a headset and wants to listen to music ) you'll need the harness and an additional jumper harness.

There is a square plug covered by a black blank on the left side of the radio if you are looking at the back of the radio. The harness plugs into that plug then the dongle plugs into the harness.

Bill

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
So, you buy the dongle and still need to buy an additional harness? That's silly...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I know what plug you're talking about on the radio. I did find that but I thought there was already a harness there. Now, where do I get the harness ?? I will have the bike apart for a couple of days since I am also fixing a radio problem. I installed the Polk speakers and Fosgate amp and all was good until a couple of days ago. Long story short, one speaker is bad. Now, do I go with the Polks again or something else ? This sucks that the speaker went bad already. Anyway, thanks to all for the replies. If you know where I can get the harness please reply . Thanks again !!

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
OK, I know what plug you're talking about on the radio. I did find that but I thought there was already a harness there. Now, where do I get the harness ?? I will have the bike apart for a couple of days since I am also fixing a radio problem. I installed the Polk speakers and Fosgate amp and all was good until a couple of days ago. Long story short, one speaker is bad. Now, do I go with the Polks again or something else ? This sucks that the speaker went bad already. Anyway, thanks to all for the replies. If you know where I can get the harness please reply . Thanks again !!

I believe this is what you are looking for if you are using a single dongle set up. Victory part# 2878065. It's about $70 and it's a Victory part. I've seen them on eBay for a little cheaper. If your dealer doesn't have one in stock....eBay May be quicker, as sellers typically sell only what they have in stock.

Bill

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
What was your amps gain set on??

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What was your amps gain set on??
I'm not sure but I don't think that caused the speaker to go bad. I stuck my finger in behind the connectors on the speaker and I did get it to work for a split second but now nothing. I would rather just get a new speaker than try to work on this one. Even if I got it to work how long would it last ??Amp is set on "3" I think. I figured I could get the harness from Victory; I was asking if there was anyplace else. Thanks for all the help everyone !!!

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
i was thinking of getting the Bluetooth as well. i can believe you are required to by a harness too ?" i have an ipod attachment but not a bluetooth. so what do i need to do to get bluetooth?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was thinking of getting the Bluetooth as well. i can believe you are required to by a harness too ?" i have an ipod attachment but not a bluetooth. so what do i need to do to get bluetooth?
First you need the harness that has been mentioned here. I just ordered one from ebay-$50.00. Then you need to get the Dongle, which can also be bought from ebay. I paid $178.00 for mine. Those two items are SUPPOSED to give you bluetooth capability from your radio to bluetooth headsets. I am using the Sena SMH10 with my iphone for Pandora. But I wanted to be able to listen to my radio thru the headsets. I think some here have already done this and could tell us how well it works. For over $200 I am hoping it works great. Now if I can just get Polk to replace my 5 month old defective speaker !!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i finally got the harness, installed it and the dongle but I can't get the thing to sync with my headsets. I am wondering about the button on the dongle. What is it for . No instructions with dongle. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
i finally got the harness, installed it and the dongle but I can't get the thing to sync with my headsets. I am wondering about the button on the dongle. What is it for . No instructions with dongle. Thanks in advance for the help.
I believe one of the limits of blue tooth is that a blue tooth device can sinc with one other blue tooth device unless there is a blue tooth hub incorporated into the device. Then the blue tooth device with the hub can sinc to as many or as few blue tooth devices as it's proprietary software will allow.
Not an expert on Bluetooth. Just ran across that in a thread on some forum somewhere when I was trying to figure out how to handle bike to bike communications for our bikes.
The guys sounded like he knew what he was talking about so if you can't get things working you might look in that direction for a reason why.
If things refuse to come together you might find answers here:
http://www.bluetooth.com/Pages/Bluetooth-Home.aspx or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Will this dongle allow me to stream Bluetooth TO the radio? I get a terrible whine in the radio when I connect my S3 to the direct audio cable.
Can someone provide a part number for the dongle?

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Will this dongle allow me to stream Bluetooth TO the radio? I get a terrible whine in the radio when I connect my S3 to the direct audio cable.
If have (or want to get) the 30 pin iPod cable, you might want to try one of these
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B1K6D5Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

You would get BT audio through the system when in iPod mode on the head unit.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Nope, Victory dongle is out to headset only.

And here is the harness you need to go with it. Same harness that is required for XM or CB. (Note: Dongle and CB can not be used together as they share the same plug)

Black plug goes into radio, one purple plug is for XM, other purple plug is for BT Dongle or CB.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
you can go to ebay and put in victory dongle to find one. Then put in the part number for the harness and you should find one. I KNOW how Bluetooth works. By the way, this dongle OUTPUTS your radio audio to Bluetooth headsets. If you want to input audio to the radio you can get an mp3 harnes or you can use Pandora (or similar) to your headsets. I use Pandora from my S4 phone and it works pretty good. The Sena SMH10 handles multiple Bluetooth devices at once. I ask my question again---what is the button on the dongle for. Thanks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I second what luvmyride posted. If you have the ipod connector on the bike already then go to Best Buy and get a 30 pin bluetooth adaptor for 29 bucks plus tax. Or the DockBoss brand (which is the same thing for like 35 bucks). Amazon also has plenty of options for this.

I just got the one from Best Buy a few days ago and it works good enough. Can't skip songs in pandora using my radio controls (only the volume works), however this is not a deal breaker for me since my phone is mounted to the handlebars anyway just inside of the radio controls.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I ask my question again---what is the button on the dongle for. Thanks.
Looks like that is covered in the very last paragraph of the install instructions:

Changing the Pairing List (Factory Reset)
1. Turn the motorcycle ignition switch to Accessory (Park) position.
2. Press the button on the dongle for 10 seconds.

Here's a copy of the instructions if you need them for reference.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/victoryxcguy/sets/72157629861614017/

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks very much Tony. Did I overlook something in somebody's post ? I didn't see the install instructions and I didn't get any with the Dongle. Thanks sooo much !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts