Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
Hooda thunkit? Very impressive inventory. :)

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
Nice,

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
28 Posts
They are a distributor and you can't buy from them directly. They are part of Parts Unlimited.

·
Premium Member
13,322 Posts
They are a distributor and you can't buy from them directly. They are part of Parts Unlimited.
Yes and no. They are kinda like Amazon. Amazon keeps some things in stock that sell frequently and products they have an agreement with the manufacturer to keep in stock. Not really sure how that works internally but I bet both companies benefit. Other products are sold through Amazon but are sent directly from the company who sells that product. Again Amazon gets a cut for making it convenient for the customer to find it. What some people don't know or do is look up that company online and many times you can find it directly from them cheaper but that's like leaving Walmart to make a separate stop at a local store. Cheaper but less convenient. Good points Stone Laker. Thanks for bringing them up.

·
13,048 Posts
One man is the sole owner of Drag Specialties and Parts Unlimited. Hee also owns Fox racing and clothing. During the summer months at times he has 5 thousand tires in stock for every kinda motor vehicle.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I remember when Drag Specialties was just getting off the ground in the late 60's early 70's. I was working at a shop called NE Chopper and we were buying a lot of stuff from them and others like Donny Smith. Dennis Kirk would come along shortly after just north of Minneapolis. I remember thinking how could they possibly make it just selling mail order. Who would have thought this industry would get so big.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts