Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @ EdHarrison :)

it's an adrenaline rush going down the strip....Recommended to ALL :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW - What is your (ALL) opinion about 8.1 sec (or low 8's)on a 1/8 mile?is it average?good?bad?
I am not sure whats the average time for stock bikes in general?

Let me know!
Cheers!

·
Registered
155 Posts
BTW - What is your (ALL) opinion about 8.1 sec (or low 8's)on a 1/8 mile?is it average?good?bad?
I am not sure whats the average time for stock bikes in general?

Let me know!
Cheers!
VTX's run low 13's on the quarter; I suspect that would put them in the 6's on the 1/8th. Mean streaks are a little quicker. I'd say your running with some good company.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
In the video that strip also looked wet. Just think if it was wet possibly you might have been spinning your tire a bit. On the a dry stip the time could be better.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
VTX's run low 13's on the quarter; I suspect that would put them in the 6's on the 1/8th. Mean streaks are a little quicker. I'd say your running with some good company.
A 6 in the 1/8 translates to a 10 in the 1/4. The VTX runs in the very high 7's with a good rider, and mid 8's with an average rider.Which translates to a high 12, low 13 in the 1/4

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In the video that strip also looked wet. Just think if it was wet possibly you might have been spinning your tire a bit. On the a dry stip the time could be better.
it's actually dry, the reflection of the light makes it look wet...also my GoPro really doesn't work good at night :(
can't wait to do it again in bright day light...but i think performance might be reduced due to the HEAT!!!in texas :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I could be wrong but it sounded great but shifting a little early?
i was actually late on almost every gear, that 5.5K rev limiter is KILLING me!!!!!:crzy:

KEVIN, any advide on getting more HP with minimal cost?

thx
cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts