Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went and bought me 2 pair before I left on vacation a few weeks ago. Let me say they got here in a hurry.

They don't look too different than regular jeans. You order by your size. I ordered 32X32 and they are about a 33" inseam which is good because it keeps them from riding up too much when seated on the bike.

The are just a bit more loose than my levis are which helps prevent pinching on the bike. They are warmer too. That is good and bad for obvious reasons. I did notice that they don't let as much engine heat get to my legs as regular jeans either.

Hope I never need the crash protection but it nice knowing I have it if I ever do. If you're thinking about buying some I would recommend it.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Similar story here. Got my Draggin Jeans before my 4th of July trip. Showed up within a week.

A little looser than the 501s I normally wear, but not bad. They're a little warmer but I was OK even up into the 90s during my trip. Very comfy.

I'm glad I purchased. :)

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I recently ordered a pair of Diamond Gussett "defender series" motorcycle jeans. They have the kevlar sewn in all the essential places that one would expect. Will provide a review when received and tested.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Yeah, it was pretty much a toss-up for me between the Diamonds and the Draggins. I flipped a coin on got the Draggins... :)

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Yeah, it was pretty much a toss-up for me between the Diamonds and the Draggins. I flipped a coin on got the Draggins... :)
I think you saved a little coin in the process. thumb up

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Love my Draggins! They last well also... my latest two pair get worn 5-7 times a week. Sometimes 2-3 hrs, sometimes all day.

Just remember guys... ultraviolet light denatures the dyneema!

That means never inside out when drying... my wife dries ours in the shade and not inside out... dont wanna take any chances!

They are a quality item Made in Australia not china! They may be made in the USA under licence now, pretty sure still Aussie made.

Mags

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I have no idea what this means:
Just remember guys... ultraviolet light denatures the dyneema!
That means never inside out when drying... my wife dries ours in the shade and not inside out... dont wanna take any chances!

Are you saying that after you machine wash them that it's better to let them air dry in the shade than to turn them inside out and put them in the dryer? If so, I agree. I would never put any $100+ dollar pair of jeans in the dryer. Inside out or not...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Diamond Gussett is made in the USA and isn't that one reason we ride a Victory? As for price Gussett is running a 20% off special right now, code 25000, I think that makes them cheaper than the Draggin Jeans I saw on their site.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Right on the front page of the Draggin Jeans website it says Made in the USA. And yes that is certainly one of the reasons I ride Victory!

·
Registered
76 Posts
You are right, previous poster said Australia. Should have checked first I guess.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Maybe its a generational thing, but I returned the Draggin Jeans I ordered cuz they made me look like Charlie Chaplin, they were way too baggy for my taste. I could get both my legs in one of those pant legs. Was at my Cycle Gear store and tried on the ones they offer. Much slimmer, a much lower price and removable knee armor. Suits me.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I'm pretty sure now that Draggin Jeans started in the USA. The Made is Australia label threw me.

My Draggin jeans are Made in Australia... maybe its the USA parent who has licenced them to be made in Australia??

As for washing... Kevlar and Dyneema fibres are weakened greatly by Ultra Violet Light! That means dont expose the protection pads to sunlight... tumble dry as per instructions but dont hang in the sun "inside out" exposing protection pads... if your type of Draggins has the pads.

Care instructions on the Aussie Draggins says...

For normal air drying... Drip dry in shade... DO NOT expose inside of garment to sunlight.

Like I said above... my wife dries them the shade and not inside out.

Mags

·
Registered
69 Posts
Two companies, one name...Draggin Jeans

There is an American company and a Australian company that make Draggin Jeans. The Australian company has more of a variety and their jeans cost more.

American company: http://www.dragginjeans.com/

Australian company: http://www.dragginjeans.net/

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Thx Jean! Because they are both exactly the same in their lettering I thought one licenced the other.

So two different companies... I learn something new every day!

One thing though.... either company, I love my draggins!

Mags

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
A cheaper option is chaps and if you're too hot in them you can always skip the jeans under them and just wear a man-thong. Remember though, it's better to be the guy dressed like that than to be riding behind the guy dressed like that!

Seriously though draggin' jeans or whatever brand of kevlar jeans are a good choice but for many people just wearing jeans is a big step up from their normal riding attire. It drives me nuts when I see people riding in shorts and just about completely puts me over the edge when I see them wearing flipflops with shorts!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts