Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
No, but plan on heading that way in a couple of weeks but I am going during the middle of the week to avoid the traffic. There are a bunch of better roads out this way than the Dragon but it is one of those you have to do if you have not. I've rode it a couple of dozen times over the years but a buddy of mine hasn't so I am riding down for the day with him and heading back home.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Had a blast there Easter weekend. Ride your ride and try not to leave anything at the tree.

Also, 129 is only one of MANY twisty roads in the area. Do the Dragon so you can say you did it, but get out and explore the rest of the area as well.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Was supposed to be but things haven't panned out. Maybe next month.

Have a safe time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
944 Posts
Did that last Saturday the skyway and devil triangle much better ride going to ga this weekend and doing the gauntlet

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are hitting dragon once then running surrounding area. I'm more interested in the other areas. I didn't realize until after I made reservations that it was a holiday weekend but.... It's going to be good no matter what.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I was just down again 2 weeks ago and I'm taking my wife down in another week. As stated, best to avoid the weekend if possible, or hit it Sunday afternoon.

We also hit the Snake, Devil's Triangle, Devil's Whip and a bit of the Moonshiner's 28. Overall a great ride, second time to the Dragon and I enjoyed the Snake and Devil's Triangle much more. Less traffic and longer but the Dragon has no cross traffic or intersections.

Enjoy the ride, I love that part of the country. And if you have the chance, head over to Maggie Valley and stop at Wheels Through Time!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I might be riding down to the Wheels Through Time museum on Saturday. I've passed by it a bunch of times but have never stopped in to check it out.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just spent a week there, the Dragon is cool and if you really want to push your inner racer it's a blast if you can avoid the Troopers. I think I enjoyed the Cherohola, the BRP from Cherokee to Mt. Pisgah and Moonshiners 28 even more than the Dragon personally.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the rally, think I'll find a different place to ride to this weekend.
This guy has a pretty decent route mapped out. It's short but...

·
Super Moderator
6,382 Posts
Low side! lol

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I plan to ride a little bit further than that guy but not much more!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Had a great time other than to many HD on the roads lol. Kinda fun smoking them all weekend though ;). Left with a smile and returned with a smile. Can't ask for much more.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts