Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drew Miller thanks everyone! yes i had a helmet on but no jacket. i was on my way home from work, going to fast, not sure what caused it but bars started to wobble, i tried to correct with several methods that all failed and went down. i will heal, just some good rash and will be sore, bike is most likely junk! thanks for all the wishes!!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Good to hear you will heal Drew. Looks like you have several friends here boss.

·
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of you must have Drews address. We could send cards

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Hey Drew, more power to you. Heal fast!

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
That's a great idea, but I think it should be up to Drew if he wants to post his mailing address. Another route to send greetings are ecards. He can give us his email if he wants those.
In 1983 Yamaha came out with the first full boat touring bike, the Venture and I snapped up one. This predated my having a computer (thankfully) so my info came from bike mags. I set up the suspension per what the "expert" moto journalists wrote and when I got into a high speed (90mph) sweeper, I got a bad case of head shake (what Drew described). Fortunately, some other info I read said when that happens, ease off the throttle and nothing else. Boy did that ever save my fat. Turns out the "experts" had it wrong. Now (thankfully) we have forums where we get much more accurate advice--mostly.
I am genuinely sad that nothing he tried saved him from going down. Maybe he'll come on and more fully describe the gory details. In the meantime, I wish him a speedy and gentle recovery.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Drew and I speak of all things , he has not made mention of his misfortune to me at all ....Hope he is comfortable , and a speedy recovery . He mentioned my new lowers and that was all , his input helped put me over the edge in buying them .... It was good advice !

·
Registered
597 Posts
Sorry to hear of this.
Glad to hear you are going to be OK!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
here i am, sorry lilmags for not spilling the beans when i asked about the lowers, didnt want people worrying. i am out of the hospital, i have pain, i have meds if needed, wont be back at work for a little bit, had a helmet on, probably saved me, a jacket may have kept me out altogether. before i get another bike i will be getting a new helmet and textile jacket. yes the bike went into a bar wobble, i was accelerating trying to set some auto tune trims, hit the 75-80 range and bars started to wobble, i let off some, it got violently worse, tried to accelerate into it, helped but not enough, last i tried relaxing my grip some, then i remember waiting for me to stop sliding and hearing the bike banging, it did at least one if not two cartwheels in the ditch. i stood up, grabbed my boot out of the middle of the highway, put it back on, took my helmet off and started looking for my phone and wallet. stopped a passerby, they called my phone so we could hear it, they gave me a ride home, my 10yr old helped get my clothes off to see how bad it was, within minutes an ambulance picked me up and took me to the ER.

·
Premium Member
13,733 Posts
Dang Drew! So sorry but I am glad you will be fine soon and live to ride another day. Hopefully the bike had enough insurance to get into another one soon too. You don't strike me as the kind to let a bit of road rash stop you from getting back on that iron horse.

If the bike is totaled; have you already started thinking about what's next?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
if i could have rode home from the hospital i would have. i am one that knows its going to happen. so i was kinda ready i guess. my wife thinks i should check into an x1 in the spring!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Drew, I just thought of something. Are you SURE the X1 will be AVAILABLE in the spring?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Drew, I just thought of something. Are you SURE the X1 will be AVAILABLE in the spring?

no, and thats fine, i would turn it i to a tour anyway. the dealer i buy from has had one sitting on the floor for a few months though, so one can hope.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Damn dude it sounds like you're very lucky to have as little damage to your body as you do! Heal quickly and get back on the road!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yours probably will Glenn. Don't you get a new one every year?:D
Hey hey, wait a minute...well, actually,Jeff and Jim were talking about the dealer meeting today..said something about an X2 (just joking though)
BTW, how are you feeling?

·
Registered
597 Posts
no, and thats fine, i would turn it i to a tour anyway. the dealer i buy from has had one sitting on the floor for a few months though, so one can hope.
Oh, that's cool
How are you feeling?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Damn dude it sounds like you're very lucky to have as little damage to your body as you do! Heal quickly and get back on the road!

yes i am very lucky!!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts