Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday after a ride I noticed that the bike was dripping gas out of the left side. I found the vent line noticeably wet with gas and I could actually see the distortion from the fumes.

I had filled up earlier that morning but didn't overfill. So what might be the cause. Not exactly a fan of seeing fluids dripping from my bike...if I was I would have bought a harley. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
over filiing can cause it, but if its full and sits in the sun it can happen too. i suggest splitting the vent into two lines, easy to do, run both down to where the original one is.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was the first thing I check when it started doing it I was well below the low fill line. I filled it and then put about 60 miles on before any signs of gas.

·
Premium Member
13,621 Posts
Common issue. You are seeing it where you live because we had nice weather this weekend. As the day got warmer and heated the tank and gas in it; the gas expanded and pushed out the fumes you saw. Kinda surprised you saw any actual fluid but I guess it could happen for a number of reason.

Do you smell gas while you are riding? If so you need to split the overfill and fume lines so they vent properly. What happens is they can't vent correctly so the fumes back up and come out the vent holes of the gas cap. That's when the rider can smell the fumes.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Common issue. You are seeing it where you live because we had nice weather this weekend. As the day got warmer and heated the tank and gas in it; the gas expanded and pushed out the fumes you saw. Kinda surprised you saw any actual fluid but I guess it could happen for a number of reason.

Do you smell gas while you are riding? If so you need to split the overfill and fume lines so they vent properly. What happens is they can't vent correctly so the fumes back up and come out the vent holes of the gas cap. That's when the rider can smell the fumes.
Nothing when riding that I can tell. Sounds like it may be worth it to split the lines anyways.

It wasn't much fluid but the end of the vent line was wet and a few drops made it to the ground for sure.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
its easy to do, right at the rear of the tank you can see the vent lines where they T together, just make that 2 seperate lines, using the existing for one and run one new one.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any chance you have sizing on the lines so I can buy some?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
not right off hand no, i can check when i get home though

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
it vents better and doesnt get that gas smell

1 - 10 of 10 Posts