Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone know the manufacturer of the belt?
I want to pick up analogue.
Gates makes belts for other Polaris products. The size is 28mm wide 154 teeth 14mm pitch. Gates does not list a 28mm width in their catalog.
Ride Safe cheers

·
13,263 Posts
Gates will not sell to the public.
Only place your going to get belt is from the dealer

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gates makes belts for other Polaris products. The size is 28mm wide 154 teeth 14mm pitch. Gates does not list a 28mm width in their catalog.
Ride Safe cheers
Excellent, thank you.
And what size tolerances?
29 mm does not fit?

·
Premium Member
13,730 Posts
I looked into this a few years ago and finally concluded what VJ said. It is a unique belt sold only through Polaris/Victory.

Irritated me quite a bit to find that out because I still don't know if that was engineered into the bike like that on purpose or they needed to have a unique belt made to fit what they had already engineered. I may never know.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Gates will not sell to the public.
Only place your going to get belt is from the dealer
Is this still true?

I would like a new belt or 2, but would rather buy from Gates for 50% off or more.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Yes, it's still true. Until and/or if, Polaris breaks or alters their agreement with Gates.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
I can see me eventually going reduction sprocket and Buell belt, but not for some time yet.
Just fitted a new belt with my fresh engine so it should be good for another 100,000.
How many on your existing belt?
Victory like to get you to change em waaaayyyy before you generally need to unless they're holed by a stone.
They make more money outta us overservicing

·
Registered
293 Posts
DAYYYUM, 58,000, I must not get out and ride enough, my 2013 hasn't broke 10,000 yet :grin You ride more in a year average than I have total so far, LOL.

·
Registered
827 Posts
DAYYYUM, 58,000, I must not get out and ride enough, my 2013 hasn't broke 10,000 yet :grin You ride more in a year average than I have total so far, LOL.
You need to get out more. There is so much to see. You live in next to SD, which had some GREAT ROADS. 16A is wow.

I still rack up the miles, but I take the motel with me. We sleep much better on our own bed and pillow.

·
13,263 Posts
First off dealer is only place to get belt. Contact Paulie at Honda east ohio. He has a post here. Email him.

Now from a guy on FB 134 thousand belt and pulley shot

Attachments

Reactions: Chattanooga Mark

·
Registered
827 Posts
First off dealer is only place to get belt. Contact Paulie at Honda east ohio. He has a post here. Email him.

I figure around 100,000 for a rear pulley. I don't know about the front pulley. Maybe way more being it's steel.

·
Premium Member
6,234 Posts
You need to get out more. There is so much to see. You live in next to SD, which had some GREAT ROADS. 16A is wow.

I still rack up the miles, but I take the motel with me. We sleep much better on our own bed and pillow.

Ha, there is a mini golf course on the back of that trailer,

That is MUCH better then sleeping in a hotel....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,234 Posts

Whaouw good picture VJ, first time i see a belt "worn" out.... But rear pulley worn out ? Like to see pictures of that too....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
13,730 Posts

I like the little backyard for the dog on back of the toy hauler. Too cool. Can you leave him out there all day while you go riding?

·
Registered
827 Posts
I like the little backyard for the dog on back of the toy hauler. Too cool. Can you leave him out there all day while you go riding?
Yes

He gets the garage and deck if the temperature is going to stay below 80*. From camp, we do 200 mile loops to see the sights.

Crater Lake was one of our trip this 4th of July vacation trip.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
good way to go

sure less costly AFTER the accommodations are paid for + pretty much can stop anywhere! got a belt for my hammer recently for a decent price from the good witchdoctor, just in case. even though belts go a long time a spare ir good until they become more readily available, if that ever happens!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts