Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am reading where the drive belt should be replaced every 30,000 miles or so. Is this like a Harley that requires removal of the swingarm, or is it more simple on a Vision?? What is the average cost for this at a dealer?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well....just the belt is around $275.00. Wouldn't suprize me if replacement at the dealer topped $600 with labor. You may want to inspect your bely, and see if it is damaged before replacement. I too am approaching the 30,000 mile mark, and am going to wait before changing it out.-----Metalguy;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Once you have the mufflers off and the right side tip-over bracket removed, loosen up the head pipes it quite easy. Just follow the instructions in the service manual it's not that bad...

·
13,318 Posts
drive belt

When harley first came out with there belt drive they said the same thing change at 25. Well I don't think any one did. If you don't do dirt roads and keep your bike clean I would wait till 75000 Guys that I know with harleys who do burn out and race have never changed and have 60000 hard miles on there bikes but they keep there bikes clean and no dirt roads. Victory tells you to clean your pulley and belt with a tooth brush. You can look at your rear pulley and if you don't see a lot of nicks and ruff surface I would say ride it.
Keep in mind they want you to spend money and when they built these bikes they didn't know how long any part would last.

·
Registered
8 Posts
vision drive belt replacement

Currently 34000 miles on my vision have not replaced but have inspected and found to be in good shape.I don't belive this belt needs changing till 60000 mile service.:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not necessarily...

Currently 34000 miles on my vision have not replaced but have inspected and found to be in good shape.I don't belive this belt needs changing till 60000 mile service.:)
I beg to differ. I was driving down the road yesterday and when I pulled out to pass someone the engine revved up really high and the bike stopped moving.

When I pulled over and looked down, the belt must have shot off under the bike because it wasn't there.

I'm not saying it needs to be replaced every 30000 or so but, my bike has 32,500 kms and no belt. You do the math.

Prices for these bikes is outrageous. 100.00 for an oil change, 280.00 plus tax for a belt without installation!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
First off it is pretty quick to do a Vic belt, and it can be done on the side of the road if needed. That said the cast frame bikes are a good bit tougher then the steel frame bikes

Next comparing a HD or most of the rice cruisers that make 70-60FtLb of torque to a Vic making at or above 100FtLb; is apple to orange comparison.

Then there is the difference between the 92" belts, and the newr carbon/kevlar belts. The new belts are MUCH stronger then the early belts, and if you have a 92". Change it at or before 30K

Finally....Yes the belt replacement is interval is a little conservative on the 100/106 motors, but would you rather replace it on your tems when it is convieniant, or on the bikes terms in the middle of a long road trip.....think about it

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
First off it is pretty quick to do a Vic belt, and it can be done on the side of the road if needed. That said the cast frame bikes are a good bit tougher then the steel frame bikes

Next comparing a HD or most of the rice cruisers that make 70-60FtLb of torque to a Vic making at or above 100FtLb; is apple to orange comparison.

Then there is the difference between the 92" belts, and the newr carbon/kevlar belts. The new belts are MUCH stronger then the early belts, and if you have a 92". Change it at or before 30K

Finally....Yes the belt replacement is interval is a little conservative on the 100/106 motors, but would you rather replace it on your tems when it is convieniant, or on the bikes terms in the middle of a long road trip.....think about it
Solid advice as usual K. THANK-YOU for giving we Victory (Vision) riders such a consistently expert resource at absolutely no cost! I don't see much of this on other brand forums.

Cheers!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dang !!

30,000 to 60,000 miles before belt replacement.

I put 12,000 miles on my last bike in four years.

I guess I don't have to worry about belt replacement for a long while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts