Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im in New Zealand...i will need a new belt soon..stone damage..does anyone know of aftermarket belts that suit..i was told some harley belts might fit..any advice would be apreciated...Thanks

·
13,043 Posts
never heard of any HD belt fitting a stock Vic. you should count the teeth and measure the width so you know your getting the right one

·
Premium Member
6,148 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Hi im in New Zealand...i will need a new belt soon..stone damage..does anyone know of aftermarket belts that suit..i was told some harley belts might fit..any advice would be apreciated...Thanks
Friggin stones!...where exactly is the hole?
If its on the edge youre in trouble.
But central is fine..I ran 60,000kms with a central hole and only changed to a new belt cos I worked the engine over somewhat and had it in the shelf.
Remove the stone of course.
Drive belts are tough

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok...the oem offical "victory" belt is 135 teeth product code (3211085) it is 1.5 inches wide...i have found a 135 tooth " gates" belt that is also 1.5 inches wide product code PC -135 1 1/2...they are a harley belt...and around half the price..can you guys add some feed back im in New Zealand and i would buy one on e-bay but id hate to end up with a useless belt..a few 2nd opinions would be great before i commit...thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,148 Posts
Ok...the oem offical "victory" belt is 135 teeth product code (3211085) it is 1.5 inches wide...i have found a 135 tooth " gates" belt that is also 1.5 inches wide product code PC -135 1 1/2...they are a harley belt...and around half the price..can you guys add some feed back im in New Zealand and i would buy one on e-bay but id hate to end up with a useless belt..a few 2nd opinions would be great before i commit...thanks.
Do you have a web link to that site? If that HD belt is rated for a higher power then the victory engine can produce then you are safe....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just cross referenced belt width and number of teeth...and up came the gates belt..im not overly sure...seems the gates belt suits a lot of harleys tho

·
Premium Member
6,148 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That 2nd link alows you to select your motorcycle ...interesting that according to the result it does not fit the victorys...any thoughts on why that might be?..the specs seem identical?

·
Premium Member
6,148 Posts
That 2nd link alows you to select your motorcycle ...interesting that according to the result it does not fit the victorys...any thoughts on why that might be?..the specs seem identical?
Ya that is standard for JPcycles, so many times I had the same problem on that website....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see there is a 1 800 number there...im in New Zealand ....are you in the USA? ..could you enquire for me if you are in the USA...the bike i own is a 2003 v92 SC and the oem part number is further up this thread...would be much apreciated

·
Premium Member
13,312 Posts
never heard of any HD belt fitting a stock Vic. you should count the teeth and measure the width so you know your getting the right one
Tooth pitch and size matters too.

:eek :devil

·
Premium Member
6,148 Posts
I see there is a 1 800 number there...im in New Zealand ....are you in the USA? ..could you enquire for me if you are in the USA...the bike i own is a 2003 v92 SC and the oem part number is further up this thread...would be much apreciated
I'm in Indonesia, smile....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Friggin stones!...where exactly is the hole?
If its on the edge youre in trouble.
But central is fine..I ran 60,000kms with a central hole and only changed to a new belt cos I worked the engine over somewhat and had it in the shelf.
Remove the stone of course.
Drive belts are tough
Bringing this forward as you must have missed it...Where is the hole?:nerd

·
Premium Member
13,312 Posts
Email is still free.

·
13,043 Posts
most of the time companies like JP don't do any research on what the part will fit. They go by what information the vendor gives them. Vendors don't do much research themselves. They know it fits this and thats good enough for them. We as buyers have to do the research to know we're getting the right part. Ebay is the worst for for doing this they go by what the sellers says

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Hi thanks for eveyones feedback..motorbikex..the hole was in the center...but the belt snapped 3 days ago
Really!....belt wouldve been very old then?
Theres a thread here somewhere about aftermarket belts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So according to polaris...they use gates belts..then remarket them as oem with their own code..so for my bike the gates pc135 1 1/12 inch belt is the same as the oem 3211085..but around half the price !!...hope this helps a few others sourcing belts at fair prices.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts