Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
i have a rock in my drive belt (Cross roads 2012, 9500 Km in meter).

I took some pictures and remove rock.
Next i check for spare belt.
It?s about 300€ in here. What a f**k.
So where you have get yours belts and are prices any cheaper?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,636 Posts
The bad news is the belts are expensive and to my knowledge; there aren't any other belts that fit it other than the one Victory sells. I looked into it a couple of years ago.

The good news is the belt is easy to remove and install compared to Harley's; which is what I was used to before getting the Vics.

More good news is many times the belt will last a very long time when the rock goes through the middle of the belt and does NOT damage any of either edge. So you could probably get a full life out of this belt. It's not for sure but it could last.

I would get a new belt soon though because one never knows and it will probably bug you until you replace it. The damaged belt can be used as a back up belt from then on; just don't put a bend in it. Once bent; the belts fail very quickly.

·
13,177 Posts
Hard to say but a hole in the middle of the belt is good. A rock that tears the edge of the belt will quickly break the belt.
You should replace the belt but then you could go another 10 thousand miles before it breaks.
Have dealer order one for you and tell him to order it as rider down you should get it quicker for the same price.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Somebody has a belt. Somebody either changed pulleys to play with ratios or somebody had belt squeal issues and swapped out belts or some other reason.
You can spend the money now or gamble that something will turn up on EBay or whatever before yours craps out.
That's some crazy damage right there. I hate it when that happens.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was wrong about price. It`s not 300€.
It´S 380€ here in Finland. And that is "discount price".
Yikes man, that sucks! Thats nearly $500 USD...$496.90 to be exact. THat is ridiculous!!

I dont know what shipping and any kind of import taxes cost, but it cant be $200+... We can buy those belts here in the USA for around $290. If shipping is cheap enough and you dont have to pay import duties, maybe someone here on this site that you are friends with can buy it and ship it, and you pay them via PayPal.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, belt guards are in original place. Bike is original so far.

I have check dealers in USA and they don`t sell outside the country, thanks to Polaris policy.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yep, belt guards are in original place. Bike is original so far.

I have check dealers in USA and they don`t sell outside the country, thanks to Polaris policy.
Thats why you ask one of us members to buy and ship it to you! Do the research and find out how much the thing weighs and how much it would cost to ship that to you. Send money via PayPal as a "gift" so no fees are taken, then have the person here order and mail you the part. Save yourself a few bucks.

·
Registered
810 Posts
just sent you a PM, I have a used belt I'll sell- if you want me to get you a new one & ship it to ya, I'll do that too...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, here goes the story,

Rock in belt 9500Km in meter, check pics page 1.

I got new belt, BUT i didn´t change it, lazy me, really i want to know how fast it goes totally broken.

Now 16500 Km later i check my belt again and not so big changes. Biggest changes are in pic quality, new phone, worst camera ever.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
A true testament to how tuff these belts are !thumb up

·
13,177 Posts
you never know how long for sure.
Always in stall the belt so you can read the name victory. That way if you ever take it off you can put it on the same way.
If you ever reverse the belt it will self destruct in a couple hundred miles

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
VJ, do you have anything to back up the self destruct in a few hundred miles theory if the belt is installed backwards?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had an FXR years ago with a hole like that in it. Rode it around for months before thinking I was pushing my luck so I got someone to change it for me......no way I was going to do it on a HD.
From memory I'm pretty sure it was not a genuine replacement....no aftermarket options for Vics???

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I picked up a stone as well and caught it fairly quickly, at first I was a little pissy and concerned but after 8000 kms stopped worrying about it...

·
13,177 Posts
VJ, do you have anything to back up the self destruct in a few hundred miles theory if the belt is installed back wards?
years back when a lot of us had belt primary's guys would take the belt off for clutch work or to replace a tans seal. They would not put the belt on the same way and would get lee then 500 miles on them and it would break.
We talk to Karat and he said it was like a radial tire the cords forum a shape to going a certain way and when you change the direction the cords stretch and fail. He all so said never pinch the end of the belt together it will break there. Keep belts in big loops.

Your the guy that changed the belt direction cause it was squeaking.

Why would you ask if I can back it up what would be the benefit to me to lie to you. I'm just trying to help.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I didn't change nothing VJ, I'm not the OP just an outsider looking in. I was interested in the theory of it, which makes sense for a used belt...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts