Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed exhaust out to Ness Signature series swept style today, was cutting frame tab off that was not needed,nicked side of drive belt with hacksaw, very small cut. Should I be worried about having to go get this belt changed out now? How many bucks at dealership for this kind of job if needed? Pissed me off to no end. 06 Jackpot by the way. Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I would worry about a nick in the belt.How big of a nick?
I broke a belt on the freeway this summer. It cost me $285 for the belt.I then installed it myself. Then rode it back to the dealer and had them adjust tension.That was another $50. I don't know what the cost would have been to just take it in and have it replaced.I was 50 miles from the dealer, so it would have cost $100 just to get it there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drive belt

The nick is very small. I am going to dealer tomorrow for calibration of fuel system and TPS adjustment after pipe installation. I will see what they think. Also, may post a pic if I can get a good one. Thanks guys for the fast response.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
:eek::eek::eek: $50 to adjust the belt!!! Holy smokes!

Yea. That's what I thought too.Especially since I bought the belt from them. So basically,The belt cost me $335, and Arizona Victory didn't even have to install it. BTW, I will probably buy a Vision with in the next year.And I probably won't buy it from them.Just because of that.

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
Honestly Tarzan; that's something they should just do pro bono. No charge. It builds good will and costs them next to nothing. Unless they are extremely busy.

They just get a lot guy/girl to bring the bike to the service area, put the bike up, lay out a couple of tools, then the tech comes along and takes, oh, 90 seconds or so if he/she takes their time. Done and gone. If the entire process takes longer than 5 minutes; they are milking it. Just sayin...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Removed a mounting point from the frame??? There's no going back now.

Belt should be fine if the "nick" is small. Ride it and inspect the belt regularly until you feel comfortable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts