Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So 4500 miles on my 2013 XCT an dI am exxpirencing a fair amount of drive line lash. This is described as free play between power on ( pulling) and power off ( decelleration)

I almost feels like it is coming from the primary drive or engine crank just a earball check at this point. Rode a 8 Ball the other day with 2500 miles on her and there was very littl elash in the gear train....

Ideas on what causes this?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bueller, Bueller?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Tightened my belt just a little tighter than normal and got rid of a little lash but you will never get rid of the primary gear lash.
Control that right hand.thumb up

·
Registered
755 Posts
How is your idle? If it is low it will cause lash. I know TB body cleaning is not an issue with the newer bikes but on my bike as it gets dirtier idle drops a little and when that happens bike becomes like a bucking bronco. All I do is bring it back up a little bit and that cures the problem.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Ride a 2010 XC then go back to your bike. The 2011+ transmission got rid of most of the lash.

·
Registered
470 Posts
coming off a rk that had virtually no driveline lash, I was very disappointed in the big clunk between on and off power when I first got my xr. I learned to keep the revs up and that helps a lot. the clunk is still there just between keeping the revs up and getting used to it, it doesn't bother me much anymore. if the 2010 is a lot clunkier than my 2011, I sure wouldn't want one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts