Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I believe that is what is called the "Grasshopper" backrest. You can find lots of information about the backrest options by doing a search of this site. I don't use a Grasshopper backrest so I can't be of any help. Sorry.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had one on my last bike and now on my xct. Love them, especially for the price. Only complaint is from my wife saying it's to wide for the xct because she sits closer to it and hits the inside of her legs. I'll probably have it narrowed some so everyone's happy.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I have a Grasshopper on my XCT until I have an after market seat made. For the money it's great backrest. Quick shipping too.

·
Registered
173 Posts
There was one for sale on Facebook today for $60. I was the first person to comment on it and could have purchased it, but I already have one.

Granted, I haven't tried the others and I'm sure there are some with more features and whatnot, but for the price, I think mine is awesome.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
I got one for my Vegas and its fantastic, the Grasshopper is removable to when you got titties behind you you can remove it and lean on them.
When riding solo it gives great lower bac support.
Cheap as!..ever shipped to OZ
cant go wrong with one.
note you may need to whack the post in a vice and bend it to suit individual tastes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have one. It's a well-made product with comfortable padding. It comes with a bracket that is easy to install and it works exactly as advertised.

But I don't use it very much. For a short ride, it seems comfortable and provides the right support. But on a longer ride (when you really need it), it seems to force me into a position that isn't always comfortable. I could bend the post to change the position, but I don't think the problem is that it is in the wrong position for me--just that it always in the same position. I find myself wishing that it were more easily adjustable.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
I have one. It's a well-made product with comfortable padding. It comes with a bracket that is easy to install and it works exactly as advertised.

But I don't use it very much. For a short ride, it seems comfortable and provides the right support. But on a longer ride (when you really need it), it seems to force me into a position that isn't always comfortable. I could bend the post to change the position, but I don't think the problem is that it is in the wrong position for me--just that it always in the same position. I find myself wishing that it were more easily adjustable.
If the post is still as you got it then I strongly suggest you try bending it back a little in a vice, makes a hell of a difference

1 - 9 of 9 Posts