Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just purchased xct and love it aside from the seat . Where can I get a drivers back rest and a handlebar cup holder? Any suggestion would be appreciated
bcflyguy aka Neil

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just bought one from Utopia and put in on my 12 Xr. really like it alot. there are two versions of it. Regular and police version which is shorter. Call them and talk to them. They are very helpful.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The backrest I went on Amazon and got it from a dealer and the price was 15% cheaper than list. Its quality for sure. for the cup holder I always had great service from cruisercustomizing.com
Great service and fast shipping. thumb up

Congrats on the new edition!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the Utopia backrest also and it's great.

I have the ball mount too but I use it for my GPS so I bought a clamp on cup holder at a vender at a monthly bike rally for $20.

A friend of mine doesn't like his Vic cupholder because of the swivel mount. He uses a steel travel cup and when it's empty the cup turns upside down in the swivel.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Has anyone put the post of the Utopia backrest on backwards which would sit you back a little bit more? Just wondering if it can be done>
Thanks.
Mine has an L shaped bracket that bolts to the frame under the seat. It can only go one way and still get the seat back on.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
After reading all the reviews I also ordered a Utopia Backrest. Currently patiently waitingwac, it is supposed to ship a week from tomorrow. The downside to the Utopia is you have to wait about a month, but from all reports the wait is worth it over the OEM and the Grasshopper options.

·
Premium Member
13,643 Posts
Has anyone put the post of the Utopia backrest on backwards which would sit you back a little bit more? Just wondering if it can be done>
Thanks.
Sorry. No can do because of the way the post hinges at the pad. You can have the post bent at a shop with a press though. A very little would probably go a long way. The is the first time I've heard of anyone saying the adjustment isn't enough; one way or the other. Interesting. I bet you have really long arms.

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
The link you included had a cup holder with a U bolt type mount. Is this correct?

How does this U bolt work with the Polaris handlebar mount that you included in your past post?
Marco,

Pappy's link was for a combination group that includes the RAM cup. You don't use that U-bolt. The individual cup is here: http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045066045049051050066085/Default.aspx . What you need is the Victory replacement clamp that accepts RAM balls, a RAM ball (available from Victory or RAM), and an extender piece (from RAM, available in a few different lengths, and locking or not), to connect everything.

If you go to my gallery (link below) and look at Image 9, and then click on the icon that says "Open Image in New Window" (it looks like two squares), and then - when that image has finished loading in a new tab/window - click on it to bring it to full size, and then use the scroll bars to move around, you can see the Victory replacement clamp on my bike (left handlebar). The clamp has different openings to mount RAM balls; in this pic, I have the ball on top, with a RAM locking extension, and then a RAM GPS holder (which has a ball on the back of it). This is the sort of setup you'd use for a cup.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Marco,

Pappy's link was for a combination group that includes the RAM cup. You don't use that U-bolt. The individual cup is here: http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045066045049051050066085/Default.aspx . What you need is the Victory replacement clamp that accepts RAM balls, a RAM ball (available from Victory or RAM), and an extender piece (from RAM, available in a few different lengths, and locking or not), to connect everything.

If you go to my gallery (link below) and look at Image 9, and then click on the icon that says "Open Image in New Window" (it looks like two squares), and then - when that image has finished loading in a new tab/window - click on it to bring it to full size, and then use the scroll bars to move around, you can see the Victory replacement clamp on my bike (left handlebar). The clamp has different openings to mount RAM balls; in this pic, I have the ball on top, with a RAM locking extension, and then a RAM GPS holder (which has a ball on the back of it). This is the sort of setup you'd use for a cup.

Great instructions and great detail!! I will look at your images.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
The link you included had a cup holder with a U bolt type mount. Is this correct?

How does this U bolt work with the Polaris handlebar mount that you included in your past post?
The ubolt system allows you to mount this anywhere on the handlebars your comfortable with the other setup suggested is real nice and very clean looking but would not work for moving this to other bikes such as BMW or other without round specific size bars. With the adapter(reducer for u bolt) I'll even be able to mount to either the grab bar or arm rests I'm looking to add for my wife. very adaptable & extremely easy to use!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Bill P, why can't the U-bolt be used? Is there a diameter issue?
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that the U-bolt couldn't be used, just that it wasn't necessary if someone bought the Victory replacement bracket that's meant to accept RAM balls. As Pappy noted, buying the U-bolt lets you move it to other bikes, and so forth.

RAM (and a few other outfits) makes all kinds of RAM-ball attachment devices. Some use mirror bolts, steering stem bolts, and so forth. And general-purpose mounts such as the U-bolt. Whatever works for you and a given bike (or multiple bikes). The Vic clamp replacement is a nice mount - secure and doesn't take up extra space - so in our case I think it's a worthwhile purchase... but, you're correct, there are other methods, too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts