Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 CCT that I am trying to hook up a set of PIAA 005 driving lights. I am not much of an electrician and am trying to follow PIAA 's installation instructions. If I connect the switch control positive(+) wire to the top bulb( low beam?) yellow/ red stripe wire, will my lights work on low beam and turn off with the key?

----------------------------------------
2013 CCT Boardwalk Blue

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
Are you saying that you are going to use the hot wire to the low beam for your power source for the driving lights? If so, they will only be on when the low beam is on. How many watts or amps do those lights draw? If its a heavy draw, you might want to wire a relay into the circuit so that the low beam's power source is just used to trigger the relay. However, if you want the lights to be on regardless if you have the high or low beams on, use another hot wire that is only energized when the ignition is on.

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I should have said that the relay has positive and negative leads going to the battery and a second positive lead to going to a switched power source and or the battery. I am OK with them only being on with the low beams and definitely what them off with the key switch.
---------------------------
2013 CCT Boardwalk Blue

·
Registered
98 Posts
Piaa

Yes, to your question. I have the same set up on my CC. The PIAA lights will turn off with the key. I like mine working this way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts