Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having a trucker move over and try to share my lane recently on a rainy day, it became apparent to me that I needed to be seen and heard better. From my experience, truckers are usually on our side, and do everything they can to accomodate us, so I assume he didn't see me. And I know he didn't hear that pitiful device being passed off as a horn on my bike!

Either I'm blind and can't find them on the wonderful parts and accessories website that Polaris has for us (BS!), or they don't offer driving lights for the Cross Country. What have y'all found that works well with the bike and its non-standard highway bar?

I've also followed the threads on horns, but never saw an answer as to whether of not there's a relay currently on the bike, or do I need to add one. Anyone know?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Highway lights are available, with the light bar. There also seems to be many other options out there. It's just a matter of finding what you like.
As far as a horn, I'm looking, very seriously, at a Stebel Nautilus Compact Air Horn. I had one on my last bike and it was so loud. I loved pulling next to a cager and blowing it while they were driving and texting.

·
Registered
528 Posts
They do not offer running lights for the XC.

There is a post somewhere I seen with a XC police bike with running lights. I blew up the photo to see how they were mounted.
They used a mounting (flat steel) that goes between the turn signals and fairing.

Looked good to me.

Hope this helps
Later this winter I will take a closer look at this. If is looks stable enough I will make some brackets

dd

·
Registered
236 Posts
I dont care for the lower piaa small lights which is what Victory calls their light bar

http://www.bigcountrypowersports.com/eshopprod_cat_6780-64118-64127_product_1013092.LIGHT_BAR.htm

Where can you get the upper mounts and lights similar to what is on an electra glide as in the pic attached?

They do not offer running lights for the XC.

There is a post somewhere I seen with a XC police bike with running lights. I blew up the photo to see how they were mounted.
They used a mounting (flat steel) that goes between the turn signals and fairing.

Looked good to me.

Hope this helps
Later this winter I will take a closer look at this. If is looks stable enough I will make some brackets

dd

·
Registered
528 Posts
I just spoke with Arizona Victory which did the police bike That I posted. They will be offering the mounts. They plan on giving me a call when they get more information about them. Price and availability.
I also checked with them about the saddle bag guards they are offering that looks much better than the Victory 1's.
They are awaiting delivery on them and the prices are black chrome $525, chrome $485. They will have black powder coated but I did not ask the price.

dd

·
Registered
528 Posts
They just called me back for the running light mounts
They are $109 and they have 2 pairs in stock.
I will be ordering mine tomorrow morning.

dd

·
Registered
2 Posts
Expat wrote:
After having a trucker move over and try to share my lane recently on a rainy day, it became apparent to me that I needed to be seen and heard better. From my experience, truckers are usually on our side, and do everything they can to accomodate us, so I assume he didn't see me. And I know he didn't hear that pitiful device being passed off as a horn on my bike!

Either I'm blind and can't find them on the wonderful parts and accessories website that Polaris has for us (BS!), or they don't offer driving lightd for the Cross Country. What have y'all found that works well with the bike and its non-standard highway bar?

I've also followed the threads on horns, but never saw an answer as to whether of not there's a relay currently on the bike, or do I need to add one. Anyone know?
Hi Expat!

I found jcwhitney site to be useful for your driving lights and lighting parts needs. Hope this can help you. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts