Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some punk keyed my new Sierra on Halloween and it went into the shop today for repair. The worst thing is the rental co. gave me a mini van to drive until the repair is done.....:eek

Does this mean I might start driving like a family man? I'm very concerned that diving one of these things is going to make me;

1. go slow where I should be going fast and fast where I should be slow.

2. veer to the right side of the road when I'm turning left and to the left when I'm turning right.

3. stop the vehicle two car lengths over the stop line when there is crossing traffic and two lengths behind the stop line when there isn't any traffic.

4. enter freeways with traffic going 65-70mph via on ramps at no more than 35mph.

5. forget where my turn signal is unless I'm going straight.

6. wait 30 seconds to go on green but beep at anyone that makes me wait more than 0.2 second.

7. always be one lane over from the one I need to be in.

8. pull out into fast moving traffic then slow down but wait to pull out for a slow lumbering semi one mile down the road.

okay.....I have even deeper concerns....what if I start developing an affinity for shopping malls, "Obama 08" and "student of the month" bumper stickers, the democratic party, local news and ties......I'm scared shitless :confused:

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
I rode today! Hurry; get that bike out!! Before it's too late!!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
You may also develop "Man Boob's " .....

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Hey, I got man boobs and I don't drive a minivan...

·
Registered
536 Posts
i think it all depends on the minivan they gave you....
i mean i had a Mazda MPV and while it was technically a minivan, it had the euro lights and certainly didn't drive like a minivan.. to that end i also didn't drive it like a minivan either, even with the cross country dad sticker on the back, the got cello sticker, the victory motorcycles sticker, and the NRA sticker on the back.. man boobs and all... that minivan was a minivan that thought it was a sportier car and i would still be driving/commuting in it except for the brain dead moron in the ford 350 picking her nose and screwing with the gps relocating the passenger side rear of the van much closer to the driver's side.. apparently MPV's aren't supposed to be potato chipped.. much better that my current commuter....

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Your wife might come home with a real biker that drives a 4X4 truck.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
PaiN, You're describing what Prius' and Volvos do, at least in these parts. I was given a minivan loaner on a couple occasions and after returning it found my manhood intact. You will survive too. Drive it like a man and surprise the traffic around you.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Same boat as Dill here. And I'd like to add, I lost my balls when I got married..... :laugh

Attachments

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I couldn't take it......I took the mini-van back and made them give me a normal car. I'm going to have the rental for a week....I just could not do the soccer mom thing for that long......+ I wouldn't even be a hot soccer mom.... :devil

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I couldn't take it......I took the mini-van back and made them give me a normal car. I'm going to have the rental for a week....I just could not do the soccer mom thing for that long......+ I wouldn't even be a hot soccer mom....
Before you quit being a soccer mom, someone snapped this spy photo:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I couldn't take it......I took the mini-van back and made them give me a normal car. I'm going to have the rental for a week....I just could not do the soccer mom thing for that long......+ I wouldn't even be a hot soccer mom.... :devil

Wuss :D

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
536 Posts
Your wife might come home with a real biker that drives a 4X4 truck.
depending on the wife, whoever keyed the truck might have done him a favor... :devil

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
depending on the wife, whoever keyed the truck might have done him a favor... :devil
My wife....yea, that's a whole other story :|
Put it this way, she didn't even notice that there was a car parked where my truck usually is :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts