Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 V92TC...The driving lights are wired going though the headlight bucket and plugged into the wire harness...My lights only worked on the dimmed light of headlight and have since quit working altogether....Is there a fuse somewhere for these ? And is there a way to get them to work on high beam also ?

Thanks in advance for any info....

·
Registered
361 Posts
There's a switch for the driving lights up under the triple tree that goes bad on the TC's. I just ditched the switch and connected the wires together so the lights are on all the time(on low beam)You can rock the light switch & hold it if you want the driving lights & hi beams on at the same time-otherwise you need to rewire & fix the switch to operate the driving lights separately from the headlight.

·
13,043 Posts
you can get a switch at the auto store. You'll have to trace your wire to see if there is a fuse

·
13,043 Posts
A switch like the light switch in your house. A relay is a black square with something like 4 wires going to it. A relay is not a fuse

·
Registered
123 Posts
This is a direct replacement switch for your original driving light switch and costs less than $2. It is rated for more current than most of other switches this size.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/40-4325-00/512PB-ND/254287

The driving light circuit is designed to only work on low beam. You will overload the wiring with both high beams and driving lights together.

·
Registered
361 Posts
This is a direct replacement switch for your original driving light switch and costs less than $2. It is rated for more current than most of other switches this size.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/40-4325-00/512PB-ND/254287

The driving light circuit is designed to only work on low beam. You will overload the wiring with both high beams and driving lights together.
The OEM switch has a rubber boot cover to waterproof the switch & they fail regularly anyway. As long as you don't ride in the rain the switch location is OK-there's better places to mount better switches.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The rubber boot is a separate part. It just snaps over the button. You can reuse the old one if it's not cracked or torn. I agree, it is not a great place for the switch. I always leave those lights on as well, so a switch is not really required anyway.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you for all the info...sorry it took so long to answer...I only have access to the internet on the weekends...now working 6 days a week....I found the switch and cut it out ...so now the lights work...Thank you very much....thumb up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts