Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody change out a battery in a Droid Turbo 2? My phone is in perfect working condition except the battery. I've found how to videos and it looks like a huge PITA!! My wife's LG, pop the back off, change out the battery and done but not mine.

Phones are so expensive I don't want another one.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Take it to Batteries Plus and let them deal with the PITA operation.

·
Premium Member
6,029 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Batteries+

I second the Batteries Plus idea! Phones suck. Have an apple iphone. The phone does take descent pictures. Got to have a something that can take and send descent pictures for warranty at work. Not to impressed with it. The first one did not last a year, the warranty covered the cost of the new supposedly, still cost me $200 out of pocket to get the second one. Switched from one of the biggest carries to save us some money, what a joke, did not save us anything to speak of.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I agree batteries+ or look into those small cellphone repair shops you might see in strip malls

Not that this helps you at all, but I have the 1st Droid turbo, 3-1/2 years on it. Zero issues. I use it often each day. Although I get only 1 day on battery this last year it's still running great. On the bike it's running maps, music, full brightness while charging. It does get pretty hot. Especially in full summer sun. Never shut down

What I think got me this far is I only charge it with a regular charger. Not the fast quick chargers. The quick chargers made my phone hot. Only time I use turbocharger is on the bike. Regular charger won't keep up to the battery drain while everything is running.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Extend a device's battery life by not charging above 90% and no draining below 20%.

·
12,983 Posts
Like Andre step be step how to. Nope not for me I'll let someone else do it or I would be buy a new phone

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Lot of phones are sealed up now so a pain to open them up for anything and you can't really get them sealed up the same afterwards.

There are a ton of little strip mall shops go shop around and get estimates for doing it. Some might warranty the work I dunno.

I run phones usually 4 years that's end of life. Then buy another and sell the old on eBay. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The biggest problem I'm having is it shuts off at 20-30-40-50% battery life, always on an even number. The battery would easily last all day plus if it didn't do that. After it shuts down even at 50% I can't restart it unless it's attached to a charger.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts