Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still riding my 88 shadow 600. I have been eyeing a new jackpot for several years, but recently i've been drooling over the cross country in two tone gray/black. How beautiful is that thing?? I can't quit! So now I'm trying to figure out how to get one. Should i sell my mutual funds???

OK, maybe not, but i'll keep hoping and some day i'll have one. at least now i know exactly what i'm going to get!

hello from Ohio

Adam

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Still riding my 88 shadow 600. I have been eyeing a new jackpot for several years, but recently i've been drooling over the cross country in two tone gray/black. How beautiful is that thing?? I can't quit! So now I'm trying to figure out how to get one. Should i sell my mutual funds???

OK, maybe not, but i'll keep hoping and some day i'll have one. at least now i know exactly what i'm going to get!

hello from Ohio

Adam
Welcome aboard, Adam. Unfortunately, I recognize these symptoms, and they won't go away until you achieve your own Victory. At least you now know how to cure the disease. Good luck. cheers

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
As CR said, it doesn't go away until you take the plunge!

If and when a Vic dealer near you hosts a Demo Truck event, there should be a $1000 off coupon you can put toward that XC you're drooling over

cheers

·
Registered
100 Posts
You'll love it once you make the jump.

With that said, could you at least wipe the bikes off after you're done drooling? No one likes to sit in a puddle.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Not mutual funds, but I had to give up my GoldWing. I would definitely do it again.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
There was a local savings & loan bank that had a wonderful motto; Pay Yourself Fist. Set the money aside, hopefully somewhere that pays interest, and when you have enough to buy the bike, you'll be making a sweet cash deal and will own the bike outright. That has worked for me for several decades.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
The bug bit me several months ago and now I'm an owner... It's easy once you ride one... You won't be able to stop thinking about it...

Eventually, in my case anyway, my wife told me to shut up and go buy one already! thumb up

·
Registered
436 Posts
Also keep an eye on Craigs list/cycle trader etc. you may find a used one for substantially less than new. These machines are robust and well built. A used one will serve you just fine - and you will not be disappointed -
cheers

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
That sounds very painful.
First, first, first, first, first, first, first, first, first, first. That's 10 spelled correctly, teacher. Can I go back to my seat now? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Ain't it great when the frau gives us permission to buy something extravagant? After my first bout with cancer, and being a good patient, Pretty Wife said, Why don't you buy yourself a new car, you haven't done that in years. That was 2007and the last car I bought new was an Alfa Romeo in 1969 for $2900. I would buy 1 to 2 year old used cars that were still on factory warranties. I didn't get the new car smell or the depreciation. I saved thousand$ that way. It was nice to put the first miles on our new Chrysler 300C wit da Hemi.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I also came down with this bug sometime last year. Finally picked up a 2013 demo this year and have been very happy with it. Definitely on the pricey side, and I wish interest rates for motorcycles weren't so damn high (and not getting into why I'm just shy of Tier 1!), but all in all, I'd do it again. I've only put a few hundred miles on it (Ohio weather is just terrible...), but it's going to be my daily driver as soon as I'm able!

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
I have had a Jackpot now have a Hammer S and a Cross Country is going to be my 40'th birthdate present to myself!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok, i think the cross county is out of my league right now. looking into a used cross roads perhaps. i tired looking at other bikes thinking someday in the future i'll upgade to a victory, but i can't. nothing else interests me any more. i have to have a victory!

adam

fyi looking for a used cross roads in the ohio area!

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
...nothing else interests me any more. i have to have a victory!...
Keep fighting and Victory will be yours. thumb up

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
ok, i think the cross county is out of my league right now. looking into a used cross roads perhaps. i tired looking at other bikes thinking someday in the future i'll upgade to a victory, but i can't. nothing else interests me any more. i have to have a victory!

adam

fyi looking for a used cross roads in the ohio area!
1. Get a cookie jar going.

2. Throw down-payment cash in there. I'd use cash-back from grocery store excursions. Be patient, consistent and keep it aside from any other emergency cash, etc.

3. Have a payment amount figured out based on an expected rate, period, amount to finance, etc as your goal point.

Example: You figure conservatively 4.6% for 48 months, financing $12k out the door will have a $274/mo payment. So easily enough if the bike (out the door) is $19k hypothetically, you need $7k down to make that $274/mo payment happen. So if you do a XC 8-ball maybe, or an XR even better, you can probably do a good bit better. Get yourself a plan to catch it right when the last year models are in clearance. My Hard-Ball was $5k off sticker (granted it was a grotesquely overpriced model at MSRP).

4. When your down payment cookie jar has enough to bring down the finance amount to within your payment budget and you find the scoot that blows your skirt up, pull the trigger.

5. Prepare for bugs in your teeth from an uncontrollable grin. thumb up

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
As others have said on this site. Don't sell the mutual funds! Keep saving little by little. Look for a good used XC if you can. If you want new they will probably put out some deals after the 2015 lineup is announced on the 2014 models. Keep the dream!!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

hello from Ohio

Adam
You are going to get a motorcycle. It will propel you through the wind just like your Honda. If you are old, it will probably be more comfortable. If you ride quickly, it will probably follow your prey more adroitly. If you like sparkly, colorful paint jobs, it will probably give you a color orgasm.

If you are low on money and simply enjoy being in the wind, keep the bike you have and enjoy it until you can be financially secure enough to own something more expensive. The wind is the wind and the roads are the roads. Don't get sucked into going broke because us doofuses make such big deals over trivial details. We like to yak, the differences ain't really all that substantial...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts