Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was dumb enough to park it on soft ground and walked away with the engine running. I heard a thud, turned and it was on its side. I immediately ran over and cut the engine. After picking it up and leaving it sit for maybe 10 minutes I started her back up and there is a very distince mechanical ticking noise that definately was not there before. Geez only 10 seconds...I've seen guys dump on the road while riding and pick it back up with no issues, aside from body damage anyway. Anyone have any thoughts what it could be. I tried running it for maybe 10 minutes hoping it would just go away. Obviously it hasn't. I have not acatually rode it since the drop. Just ran the engine for a bit that one time. If this is going to cost me thousands to repair I am thinking I might as well just drop a 106ci in it for the extra couple thousand seeing the engine is out. maybe it's something simple. I don't know. I admittedly don't know a whole lot about bike engines. I THINK, and its hard to tell, the ticking is coming from either the crankcase or lower end of the cyclinder closest to the seat. Oh and not that I think this maters, it's on '04 92ci

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't really know much about motorcycle engines just enough to know I don't know much. Years ago a friend of mine had a Kawi Ninja 600 and he dropped that bike and he immediately heard a ticking/knocking noise coming from his bike as well. We found out from asking around that the bike had something called a "floating crank" and that the drop caused the crankshaft to move. So he ran the bike for a little while with it knocking and needless to say seized the motor. We then shoe horned a zx750R motor into that little frame :D. Let us know what you find out and I hope this isn't your problem but I deffinately wouldn't run that motor anymore.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Our bikes are loud. Are you sure your just not being a bit more paranoid due to dropping it?

I know countless people including me that has dropped their bikes. Granted you are the first with the motor running.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I laid my bike over it sled 120 ft and it still runs good.. Hell pick it up and road it home 40 miles. it was not pretty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts