Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2013 Judge has many good points but headlight illumination is not one of them.
I am thinking of fitting a dual headlight kit like the new Harley Fatboy or the Triumph Thunderbird Storm.
I reckon a dual horizontal headlight would suit the style of the bike.
Has anyone on the forum done this mod? Any suggestions for vendors or parts?
Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Do it!

I think it could look great. Just use the round headlights. Triumph changed the shape of the twin headlights on the Speedtriple to a slanted design, they just never have looked as good to me since they got away from the round design,IMO. Post some pics if you do it PLEASE!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
2014 Judge - Dual Headlight

I like the idea and I have thrown together a quick photoshop mock-up to stimulate your imagination. cheers

14judge-dual-headlight.jpg

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Looks good CR

·
Registered
781 Posts
hmmm.. I think I like that. thumb up

CR- I assume there is no shot @ an HID for the Judge?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the idea and I have thrown together a quick photoshop mock-up to stimulate your imagination. cheers

View attachment 51874
Nice work x2 CR on Photoshop and on the HID kit for the 2013 Judge - which incidentally I would be quite willing to test, but I am located on the wrong side of the Pacific Ocean. I don't suppose your skills would extend to a HID dual mount??

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Nice work x2 CR on Photoshop and on the HID kit for the 2013 Judge - which incidentally I would be quite willing to test, but I am located on the wrong side of the Pacific Ocean. I don't suppose your skills would extend to a HID dual mount??
I would hate to have to ship the kit back and forth across the Pacific if I don't have to. So for testing, I want it done in the US to save of shipping time and cost. But once tested, it will be available for everyone, worldwide.

I've helped others with custom/aftermaket solutions, so I would be able to help with dual headlights too, but it won't be plug-and-play - you'll have to actually run some wires, and make connections to the battery. Also the buckets have to be big enough to house the kits.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would hate to have to ship the kit back and forth across the Pacific if I don't have to. So for testing, I want it done in the US to save of shipping time and cost. But once tested, it will be available for everyone, worldwide.

I've helped others with custom/aftermaket solutions, so I would be able to help with dual headlights too, but it won't be plug-and-play - you'll have to actually run some wires, and make connections to the battery. Also the buckets have to be big enough to house the kits.
Thanks CR. I am quite interested either way, that is, in both HID lights and dual headlight fabrication.
I guess I would like both - dual HID lights would be great!
I could get a customiser here in Sydney to do some work, but you are the expert on this and would prefer to source parts from you, then get them fitted by a local shop, as required.
I haven't got out the tape measure yet, but your photoshop rendition is pretty much exactly what I want.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Salvage yard

I would take a trip to a local motorcycle salvage yard or junk yard if you want to call it that. It ought to be cheaper there than new parts. You can pick it up and check it out to see if you think it will work. You might be able to use brackets off another bike possibly. A couple of bikes come to mind that ought to be easy to use, Harleys and Triumph America/Speedmaster. Those bikes usually have a single mounting bolt on the bottom of the headlight bucket. Then after they are mounted if they are not bright enough then do the headligh HID mod if you want. Also if you do not want used you can look in such places as J&PCycles or even Dennis Kirk here in the USA. They can be found on the web of course. Also you can research the custom chopper companies also that sell on line. Another place for new stuff might be JCWhitney. Good luck and post some pictures when you done.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would take a trip to a local motorcycle salvage yard or junk yard if you want to call it that. It ought to be cheaper there than new parts. You can pick it up and check it out to see if you think it will work. You might be able to use brackets off another bike possibly. A couple of bikes come to mind that ought to be easy to use, Harleys and Triumph America/Speedmaster. Those bikes usually have a single mounting bolt on the bottom of the headlight bucket. Then after they are mounted if they are not bright enough then do the headligh HID mod if you want. Also if you do not want used you can look in such places as J&PCycles or even Dennis Kirk here in the USA. They can be found on the web of course. Also you can research the custom chopper companies also that sell on line. Another place for new stuff might be JCWhitney. Good luck and post some pictures when you done.
Thanks for your advice SB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts