Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does everyone out there prefer when comparing the dual setup with analog speedo and tach, vs the single digital setup with both built in? I've heard it's hard to see the digital during the daytime...

thoughts/opinions please...

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Had no problem seeing the digital tach and kept it up all the time until I installed the analog tach kit. One of the best things I have done to my XR. The analog tach is quicker to read and can be seen just using peripheral vision - great safety factor. Unexpected benefit; I now keep my revs up much higher that I did with the digital tach. Good for both engine and handling. Worth every penny and looks like it belonged there all along.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
i keep the temp showing on the speedo now that i have the
tach kit on. i had the reflash done too. i also like the dual
tripmeters. i do my own fuel calculations.the speedo ones
are a little off. if you dont have the tach kit and wear a dark shield
the digital tach can be a little hard to read. i did cover up the blue
lamp that stays lit and says"mph" with a small piece of black
tape. reminds you of the high beam indicator.--irv:)

also love the looks of the dual pods.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Had no problem seeing the digital tach and kept it up all the time until I installed the analog tach kit. One of the best things I have done to my XR. The analog tach is quicker to read and can be seen just using peripheral vision - great safety factor. Unexpected benefit; I now keep my revs up much higher that I did with the digital tach. Good for both engine and handling. Worth every penny and looks like it belonged there all along.
I agree. The analog can be read with peripheral vision - digital cannot and requires you to focus your sight on the actual readout.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input everyone, sounds like I'll just go with the analog tach to compliment my existing analog speedo...should look real nice together.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got the Dakota Digital unit on my Ness JP. It is a great unit with many cool features - 0-60 time, 1/4 mile time, gear, clock and 2 re-setable trip meters to name a few. You can also choose to have the RPM shown in #'s as well as with the constantly displayed bar gauge. I have had no issues reading it in the bright sunlight. I can see how it may be slightly easier to track RPM readings on a needle style tach but the additional features and clean looks of this gauge more than make up for it in my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts